s197 vs. mach 1

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Wild Stallion said:
I'll Race ya but you might be surprised of the outcome. By the way hows that stegy comn' did your girl come through or was she just teasing you. As most do haha, oh man i sure wish i could find a girl like that.

what do you run? if you are that confident i would guess you would be in the 12's.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
F8L_50 said:
Its the driver i smoked a 02 cobra and a Mach with my stock GT, they were crappy drivers as is. I bet you if you race from a dig each time the 05 will pull it off a couple times just due to driver error.

Um yeah.....an 02 Cobra and a Mach huh? Are you one of these tools that just discovered Mustangs in 05? So do tell us about the cars you beat- I'm especially interested in the 02 Cobra.

Yup- gotta call:bs: on this one. Come back when you know something about Mustangs.

Oh- and Machs pull S197's stock for stock. This is the 3rd thread in the last month about this topic.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Mach1USMC said:
Um yeah.....an 02 Cobra and a Mach huh? Are you one of these tools that just discovered Mustangs in 05? So do tell us about the cars you beat- I'm especially interested in the 02 Cobra.

Yup- gotta call:bs: on this one. Come back when you know something about Mustangs.

Oh- and Machs pull S197's stock for stock. This is the 3rd thread in the last month about this topic.

Tell me about it... LOL

And '02 was a great year for Cobra's! :lol1:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
:lol: It must be a shitty ultra-rare prototype if nearly stock S197's are taking them down.. :lol1:

I think I know what threw him off- he was racing rcn4god and thought he killed a Cobra when it was really just a 6'er. :loser:

And if he really killed a stock Mach (not sure those even exist anymore) it had to be an Auto. I can see a 5speed S197 barely edging an Auto Mach.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Mach1USMC said:
I think I know what threw him off- he was racing rcn4god and thought he killed a Cobra when it was really just a 6'er. :loser:

And if he really killed a stock Mach (not sure those even exist anymore) it had to be an Auto. I can see a 5speed S197 barely edging an Auto Mach.

:lol: That's hilarious... He really should've invested in a V8 before all the body work. It looks good, but like you pointed out, when people race him they probably think they beat a Terminator... Most people are stupid enough to believe it. :nonono:

A buddy of mine has a S197 with exhaust, intake, tune, and 4.10's so I'm going to set something up and post it up in road kill whether as a kill or death.

Wild Stallion

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
what do you run? if you are that confident i would guess you would be in the 12's.
Havn't ran her yet as i have not gotten my car back yet. Ohh and I was playing with him. But my car has a forged VT stroker block with a whipple on top running 3in. pulley which equates to about 14psi and I know why not get a termi instead? yes I do like cobra's but I have a couple of friends that already own them and I like the new body style and can't get a Gt500 thanks to collectors and dealers for a reasonable price, so I did whast I did to my car.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Wild Stallion said:
Havn't ran her yet as i have not gotten my car back yet. Ohh and I was playing with him. But my car has a forged VT stroker block with a whipple on top running 3in. pulley which equates to about 14psi and I know why not get a termi instead? yes I do like cobra's but I have a couple of friends that already own them and I like the new body style and can't get a Gt500 thanks to collectors and dealers for a reasonable price, so I did whast I did to my car.

Sounds like you got a helluva pony:thumbsup:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Wild Stallion said:

so how does that effect this thread? fourcam has a n/a 98 mustang svt that will take a new gt500 strip or on the track. does this make the 98 svt faster?

you have a solid mid 11 sec car if you want. if you wanted anything faster you should have waited for the gt500. gt500 are readily available now to order for under 50 with the 08 hitting dealers. but really the only thing you need now is some 14 inch rotors from baer or willwood, and the gr40 suspension!

Wild Stallion

Established Member
^ It doesn't affect the thread. You asked If I was confident in my car and I am. In the hypothetical situation of SiR Riccus's Mach 1 against my Gt I would say yes that I would win do to the veriance in Modifications done to our cars.

As far as susspension at the moment I have the ford racing set up coupled with a few things from BMR. Larger rotors and calipers will be next on my list.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Wild Stallion said:
^ It doesn't affect the thread. You asked If I was confident in my car and I am. In the hypothetical situation of SiR Riccus's Mach 1 against my Gt I would say yes that I would win do to the veriance in Modifications done to our cars.

i only asked after your comment, "I'll Race ya but you might be surprised of the outcome.":bowdown:

if this is the case i will race your blown mustang. you might be suprised at the outcome.

now what does the 05+ mustang gt run with intake, exhaust, tune mods?

TRXboy

Established Member
All this shit talking about this 02' cobra, when in fact, there was one, just not in the united states.:kaboom:

BTW - Mach 1 by a tenth or two.

MattP 343

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
i only asked after your comment, "I'll Race ya but you might be surprised of the outcome.":bowdown:

if this is the case i will race your blown mustang. you might be suprised at the outcome.

now what does the 05+ mustang gt run with intake, exhaust, tune mods?
So why dont you two race then EVERYONE can be surprised at the outcome...

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
TRXboy said:
All this shit talking about this 02' cobra, when in fact, there was one, just not in the united states.:kaboom:

BTW - Mach 1 by a tenth or two.

I stand corrected. However I would say the likelyhood of HIM racing an 02 Cobra is about as likey as you having seen one in the UNITED STATES. I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about being in Australia- do you?:bash: Back atcha.

Here is the link for anyone who's interested-http://www.yellowmustangregistry.com/ProductionCobra.html

*2002 Cobra NOTE: Officially, there were no 2002 Cobras produced in the US, but Ford's sales data shows 100 4-valve Cobras shipped to Australia as a special export batch in early '02. SVT has stated that they do not count these numbers in their totals but they were labeled as 2002 Models from Ford. These cars were exactly the same as the '01's except were made especially for Australia's standards (right hand drive, extra lights, etc.).

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
TRXboy said:
Does not matter, the fact remains, they were produced.;-)

SVT has stated that they do not count these numbers in their totals but they were labeled as 2002 Models from Ford

Does this help?

MattP 343

Established Member
chad9350 said:
with similar mods; gears, cold air, 4.10, exhaust, and tunes...
I know we drive the same car, thus we should be on the same "Team" so to speak - But I have to disagree on this one. The Mach 1 is a faster car then the S197, but anything can happen on the street...there are a lot of people who really know how to drive their cars and Tons of people who don't.

Edit: You did get me thinking though, The New GTs have a way more advanced Auto Transmission in them versus the older Mach 1. If Im not mistaken the auto GT might be a tad quicker than the Auto Mach in terms of straight line performance..Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
chad9350 said:
with similar mods; gears, cold air, 4.10, exhaust, and tunes...

There have been so many threads lately comparing Machs to S197's, 99-01 Cobras, LSx's, even Terminators- but I suppose that's the name of the game.

I guess it's all in what you like. But from what I've seen- and experienced, all given equal drivers, stock or equal mods- the pecking order goes something like this: GT500KR>GT500>Terminator>Mach1>99-01 Cobra>S197 GT>Bullit>99-04 GT.

With the exception of the 99-04 GT all the NA's are very close- and depending on tranny some of the cars can be flip-flopped.

That being said ANYTHING can and does happen on the street. You miss a gear, have a bad tune, start off in the wrong gear wave goodbye to your competition because they just smoked you.....the list of "excuses" is endless.

And since you've owned a few stangs you know very well a lot of noobs jump in a Mustang GT for the first time and they just know their car is the fastest thing out there- not having ever researched the car and not knowing that there are in fact faster Mustangs out there.

And for the record I know my car isn't nearly the fastest thing out there. I don't race a lot but my 2 losses in the Mach was to an SC S197 and a HUGE turboed VW 331. Then again I've pulled on several S197's as well. But hey- win some, lose some right?

It's all good:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread