S1 Sequential for T56

laruei

Established Member
I made this in the Terminator section but Im sure not everyone travels into that area..

Well well well... Bolt on shifter..

Hmm I assume the clutch is still needed but with a no lift shift.. this could get interesting.

Edit: I've also seen where some standalone boxes cut ignition when it senses you pull back on the stick. Similar to how the no lift works. This may negate the need for the clutch?

http://www.s1sequential.com/t56-sequential-shifter/

[video=youtube;gO-ScsLXPoE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO-ScsLXPoE[/video]

Last edited:

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Mixed feelings on this. See how it does when production. I'd consider it for my car.

As said you'll still need a clutch. I'm gonna rock my built T56 magnum and in the future maybe upgrade to a true sequential with an EMCO.

This may be a good intermediate step.

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Wonder what pricing will be, planned on doing a built auto swap, but if these are reasonable I may do a built T56 instead. Hopefully more information and maybe some testing will be released soon. However I could see this being extremely hard on the input shaft.

Would make things extremely easy, dial in your 2-step and launch using your clutch and just knock through the gears down the 1/4 mile.

Bert5.0

blah
Established Member
Wonder what pricing will be, planned on doing a built auto swap, but if these are reasonable I may do a built T56 instead. Hopefully more information and maybe some testing will be released soon. However I could see this being extremely hard on the input shaft.

Would make things extremely easy, dial in your 2-step and launch using your clutch and just knock through the gears down the 1/4 mile.

why would this be hard on the input shaft?

jfsram

Established Member
Of course you still need to clutch to shift. This product does nothing to the internals of the transmission. The synchronizers and clutch doesn't care about what shifter that moves the shift fork.

In fact the ONLY difference is the direction your hand moves to shift.

All the hype on "who's shifter is the best" blah blah blah. Synchro's and clutches are the place gains are made.

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
why would this be hard on the input shaft?
I was under the impression it would be able to do clutchless shifting through the gears, obviously this is not the case as the post below confirms. I figured you would use the clutch to take off then once you're in 1st you can clutchless upshift, boy was I mistaken.

Of course you still need to clutch to shift. This product does nothing to the internals of the transmission. The synchronizers and clutch doesn't care about what shifter that moves the shift fork.

In fact the ONLY difference is the direction your hand moves to shift.

All the hype on "who's shifter is the best" blah blah blah. Synchro's and clutches are the place gains are made.

In that case it's kind of pointless, basically it changes your shift pattern.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
I was under the impression it would be able to do clutchless shifting through the gears, obviously this is not the case as the post below confirms. I figured you would use the clutch to take off then once you're in 1st you can clutchless upshift, boy was I mistaken.

In that case it's kind of pointless, basically it changes your shift pattern.

Not really pointless... Changes the shift pattern to up and down. No missed shifts, and certainly quicker shifts no matter how quick you were before. Combine this with a wotbox and it would be pretty badass.

OW99

Established Member
The leverage might be alittle overwhelming and with synchros I wonder how this works at 7k. Hopefully it doesn't lockout. Faceplated this will be the bomb though lol

mavisky

Established Member
Combine with with a dog ring/face T56 and a potentiometer on the lever to interrupt the fuel delivery and you've got a no lift to shift 6 speed for considerably less than the $20K a proper sequential would cost you.

A friend of mine used to have a similar unit on his 350Z back in the day and even with the clutch it was still nice as it eliminated any missed shifts.

Users who are viewing this thread