S-H-E-L-B-Y Letters

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
After months of deciding rather to space out the S-H-E-L-B-Y letters on my trunk, I finally made the move... I'm pretty pleased with the outcome. I like how such a minor change made the whole car look different. :banana:

BEFORE:

CIMG1346.jpg

AFTER:

CIMG1357.jpg

CIMG1360.jpg

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
Did you re-use your existing letters or get new ones? I ask because I'm about to do the same thing.

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
Did you re-use your existing letters or get new ones? I ask because I'm about to do the same thing.

I ended up buying new ones, 7R3Z-6342528-B. I wasn't sure at the time if I could get the old ones off without damaging them. Ended up that I got them off with no problem and put them in the same wrapper the new ones came in.

Job isnt' bad at all....just have to take your time getting them off, clean up old tape, measure and place new ones on...

Let me know if you need the measurements...

Last edited:

TexasShelby

Established Member
Love the centered letters...those stripes are awesome with the spacing you did on the letters as well.

ShelbyCenterLettering003.jpg

TexasShelby

Established Member
Rob, what brake light covers are those? and do you have any on the headlights?
I used the film but it shortly ruined the bezels and is not easy to pop off and on...
someone needs to make an easy headlight cover!!!!!!!!!

03Bite

Established Member
I just did my also, but I purchased the template and bought new letters but could have gotten away with reusing the old ones. If anybody is interested I will sell the template cheap 10.00 and sell the letters for 15.00. Either way you will like the look when your are done.

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
Rob, what brake light covers are those? and do you have any on the headlights?
I used the film but it shortly ruined the bezels and is not easy to pop off and on...
someone needs to make an easy headlight cover!!!!!!!!!

The picture of the Super Snake with the measurements I posted is not my car...! Sorry...:beer: But if you do mean my Shelby brake light...it's OEM.

Last edited:

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
The wife and I did this as well. However we used the existing letters, 3M outdoor, tape measure, and rubbing alcohol.

DSCN0146.jpg

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
The wife and I did this as well. However we used the existing letters, 3M outdoor, tape measure, and rubbing alcohol.

This stuff, huh?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/3M-Scotch-4011-Exterior-Mounting/dp/B00004Z4BV]Amazon.com: 3M Scotch 4011 Exterior Mounting Tape, 1 in x 60 in: Home Improvement[/ame]

No worries on removing it later?

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
The lettering template isn't at all necessary if you know how to work a tape measure and painter's tape. Save $20

Users who are viewing this thread