• Blow that Mofo!!

Votes: 76 73.8%
  • Make the most n/a power you can!

Votes: 9 8.7%

• Total voters

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Over the super long run, Booyah is right, it would be nice to have a S/C there all the time, but IMO the spray is where its at in. And since I don't race much.

And in the Contour world IMO, the sprayed cars are going to be faster.....cuz we need all the torque we can get!!

Originally posted by Booyah
Cheaper huh, add up how much it takes to fill the tank each time over say a two year period with the same driving habits.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
build the strongest n/a motor you can then spray it
in the summer all the spray cars run better anyway cause of the cooler intake charge
i had my s/c 5.0 on the track last summer with the race gas and while pulling in 3rd it was starting to ping bad
track temp was 104
needless to say my day was over by noon

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
thats what I had planned on doing, but my parts totals (that i figured) was up around 6500. mind you this was custom forged internals AND tranny parts as well, so i'm going a different direction. I won't say what yet as it may change.

Originally posted by lightninmike
build the strongest n/a motor you can then spray it
in the summer all the spray cars run better anyway cause of the cooler intake charge
i had my s/c 5.0 on the track last summer with the race gas and while pulling in 3rd it was starting to ping bad
track temp was 104
needless to say my day was over by noon

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
actually before it went, i was looking hard for a 00/01 Black Lightning, then it went south. Which I'm actually glad it did. I really didn't want the extra 1-200 a month in payments plus insurance rates to go up. It won't be as fast, but IMO it should be more all around fun.......and most people have forgotten about the CSVT.

Originally posted by lightninmike
yea that is a little rich, well heres an idea put it back to stock and trade it in for an L:p

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
I just got my vortech up and running and I'm going to tell you that it is very nice. Why do you want all that torque when traction is a problem as it is? The car is only at low rpms for a brief period of time, then the boost is all that matters.:p

Not saying the vortech is better than n2o, but I feel it shouldn't be totally dismissed.

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
Amen to that. I would probably pay a few hundred dollars just to have the whine. Every time I'm next to a barrier or something I have to roll the window down so I can hear it.

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
I say build the motor to handle lotsa boost and run strong as is.....then blow it, spray it, and hope it holds as you break into the 10's......LOL good luck!!

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
I say *** s/c's and nitrous and build a TURBO :beer:

EDIT: remember turbo's are the one true Replacement for Displacement ;-)

Last edited:

Peter

Established Member
It's a personnel thing I love my Vortech, but I
had NOS on my 86 Mustang GT and that was
great- maybe get both! Naaahhhhhh..

Pete:burnout:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
actually, it looks like one the CSVT turbo is the way too to go. But, too much $$$$ for me. One guy with the 3.0L and 6.5lbs pushed over 300fwhp (at least thats what I say on CEG the other day.)

Peter

Established Member
Originally posted by RTStabler51
that's why to date the fastest contour is juiced and not blown? hmm....bottle gives you more tq....I'm going the sprayed route :-D

There's no doubt abot the torque benefit from the
spray, my friend put a 75 dry NOS kit on a 03 Taurus
with the 3.0 Duratec -stock 200hp,200tq with
spray(75 shot) 270hp 308tq -not bad!

Pete:thumbsup:

BlueThunder4UrAz

Established Member
Monroe, Louisiana and in An LS-1's worst nightmare
i think you need to boost and spray....nothing like the intercooling effect of a 30-50 shot! 50 gives you 100 and you'll use less nos (less $$$)and the blower is there EVERYTIME you punch it...no waiting for bottle refills or bottle warm up's or having to turn valve on while your driving down the highway and a chump gets up next to you(unless you get a remote valve).... JMO

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread