• Blow that Mofo!!

Votes: 76 73.8%
  • Make the most n/a power you can!

Votes: 9 8.7%

• Total voters

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Well, as most of you know the GoCart is dead. And that kinda kills the lightning plans. So I'm planning on dropping a 3.0L in her. Now since I'm keeping it, I'm going to try my damnedest to do it 'right'. Now....do I wanna spray it??? Or do I want to blow it??

IIRC 3.0L w/3.0L heads c/r is around 10ish
3.0L w/2.5L heads c/r is around 11.25ish

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Good luck finding an SC that will fit in that enginebay. I know they have a few options, but all are kinda small. I say just spray it. You can adjust what you want alot easier this way.

PS you gotta keep the SVT heads! They are much better units!

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
but the 3.0L heads have bigger valves, and make compression around 10.1 if i get blown...........I will if i spray

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Bigger valves don't always equate to more flow, or better volumetric efficiency. The SVT units have been extrude honed already, and have a better angle to the chamber. The compression will be increased with the 3.0L engine anyway with the smaller cc 2.5 heads. ;-)

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
the intake has been extrude, I don't think theheads have been, but, then again i'm not sure

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Same heads that the regular Contour uses, Roush just got to add his little touches to the entire package. IE Extrude hone the entire top end. ;-)

blacktaurus91

Established Member
Hey Contour man, why's your car dead? what happened to it? Oh, and I'd go with the most N/A power. I'm thinking of swapping my 3.0 with a 3.2, and swapping the cams of a 3.0. That way, I get more torque, it's stick, and I get the revs of a 3.0 with the cams I'll put in.

shoguy

postwhore in training
Established Member
drop a new cobra engine in the back make it a mid engine car and do the 2.80 inch pulley mod and have open exahust...ported heads ..oh yeah and the conical air filter... kinda like a shogun just with mods...just an idea but a blower is awlays more permanant than the spray and more powerful than n/a power

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
that's why to date the fastest contour is juiced and not blown? hmm....bottle gives you more tq....I'm going the sprayed route :-D

Originally posted by shoguy
drop a new cobra engine in the back make it a mid engine car and do the 2.80 inch pulley mod and have open exahust...ported heads ..oh yeah and the conical air filter... kinda like a shogun just with mods...just an idea but a blower is awlays more permanant than the spray and more powerful than n/a power

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
Make the most N/A power you can.

3L with SVT heads & 3L valves. 7500-7700 rpm redline.
DMD & lightened Flywheel.
Electric waterpump.
Mandrel bent true duals.

Then spray it just a little... :D Something small like a 55-75 shot. Just enough to really piss off the pony car drivers... :burnout:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Demon,

Thats the plan as of right now, minus the electric h2o pump and true duals. I like my Bassani too much right now. We'll see tho. And 75hp? psh nooooooo waaaay i'm planning on 125 AT LEAST :-D

Originally posted by DemonSVT
Make the most N/A power you can.

3L with SVT heads & 3L valves. 7500-7700 rpm redline.
DMD & lightened Flywheel.
Electric waterpump.
Mandrel bent true duals.

Then spray it just a little... :D Something small like a 55-75 shot. Just enough to really piss off the pony car drivers... :burnout:

Dustyn

Established Member
Ryan what do you think of the vcn-2000 kit. I am thinking of keeping the mustang stock and hop the four door up. I think nitrous would be the cheapest route but i am scared of the stuff.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I honestly don't know too much about it except what Ive read. From a safety stand point, its great. I've actually tossed around the idea of this being my next setup just for easy of tweaking it and all the options it comes with. Yet the only thing I don't like is its a dry kit.

I may also look into getting the NOSzle system. But I believe I'd need a spacer between the UIM and LIM for clearance, and then I wonder if I'd run into clearance problems.

Don't be scared. If done right, you can get many a bottles thru it. Only thing to be scared of is getting addicted :-D I only got to run 1/2 bottle thru mine...and I'm hooked......do it......you know you want to!!

Originally posted by Dustyn
Ryan what do you think of the vcn-2000 kit. I am thinking of keeping the mustang stock and hop the four door up. I think nitrous would be the cheapest route but i am scared of the stuff.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
extra fuel is added via injector. Dry isn't bad. but with a dual runner intake (at least on the sho, so I'm transfering that to the duratec) you can only run safely a 100-125hp dry shot.

Dustyn

Established Member
So it won't puddle as bad if it is a wet shot? Did you have a chip or anything to retard the timing?

Grant

Established Member
IMO...spary the sheet out of it...ne ways nitrous is cheaper and gives the same or even more horsepower gains as a supercharger does..in some cases even more....

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by Grant
IMO...spary the sheet out of it...ne ways nitrous is cheaper and gives the same or even more horsepower gains as a supercharger does..in some cases even more....

Cheaper huh, add up how much it takes to fill the tank each time over say a two year period with the same driving habits.

Users who are viewing this thread