?'s about joing the Military

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
THANK YOU. That always pisses me off....:beer:

OP, You're not too old, and you're not too fat. As long as it's truly what you want to do, go for it! You know you'll have to lose weight and get in shape, so start working on it. And give all the branches a look before you jump into one. I will say this, The Air Force is the easiest and the Marine Corps is the hardest. The only reason to join the Marines is to be a Marine. Any other reason and you won't be happy there. Whatever you decide, good luck man!:rockon:

If you want to be the best, join the Marine Corps.

LOL! Yea ok. I usually dont have any problems with Marines but you guys really like to stroke your own ego! I recently met a female Marine in the civilian world. She tried to tell me how much more hard core she was then me. Funny she said all this without knowing a single thing about me and what I do in the Army, or the fact that I out rank her. It was amusing to say the least.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
yeah my recruiter was telling us we're all at capacity atm
i had to get top security clearance, it was a bitch
but yeah op, what do you want to be? there are members of all branches on here and someone will be able point you in the right direction. trust me, i went from signed up as an military policeman for the air force to a nuke with the navy because someone told me to talk to a navy recruiter (this was three days before i would have shipped)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you think getting a TS with the military is bad? try getting one from the NSA or CIA .... 10 times worse.

My rankings when I was looking at getting in were Air Force (family history) Navy, Army, Marines in that order. AF and Navy still have the most jobs that translate into civilian life once you get out.

Infantry is an admirable and necessary job but does not translate well into the civilian world.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
If you want to join the Marines, I suggest you join the combat forces in some way, be it in armor, artillery, or the infantry. Anything else and you'll always wonder about what the other guys are doing. You won't leave the wire, and you'll be left wondering if you could have done more. Marines in the infantry and combat forces will view you as less of a Marine. We feel there's a very big difference between us and others, it's just the way it is. If you're going to do it, go all out.

You know every bit of your post was well written and I agree with it. This paragraph however is just sad. Not because you wrote it but because it is true. As a civilian with 6 straight years out here I have seen it both in real life and on this board and people with this attitude just piss me right the **** off. it is arrogant, ignorant and does a dis-service to the very people who make life inside the wire bearable and at least somewhat comfortable when you get back off of patrol. For a Military member of any service to use terms like Fobit and to denigrate those whose MOS keeps them inside the wire is pathetic IMHO.

Not saying you have the attitude I am talking about because I don't know you, but there are those reading this that do and I think they and everyone else that shares this view should be ashamed of themselves.

and Yeah this is somewhat of a rant LOL

Rochard

Established Member
I joined the Marines and have no regrets at all. However, I joined the Marines because of my grandfather and father. In the end I'm glad I can say I was (am) a US Marine.

However, if I had to do it all again I'd consider the Navy. A friend of mine joined the Navy and is on an aircraft carrier and she gets to see the world. Sounds like a lot of fun! Also, a bit safer than being a grunt on the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread