S-197 front brake cooling ducts

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bump for anyone with pics of the duct work attached to the fog opening. I am going to try to install these next Monday now that I'm back.

In the photo above on the red Shelby you can see how I jury rigged the ducts into the fog lights. Was it functional, you bet. Pretty? Not so much! :(

Here's a photo of a Mustang GT we did a while back:

s197gtducts005.jpg

will these work with the Baer 6s brakes?

I'm pretty sure they would work, but not totally positive. Worst case scenario would be you may have to grind off a bit of that lip that runs around the perimeter of the duct.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Thanks. I can't really see much of rear of the fogs to see how you attached it. I bought the 4" to 3" sheetmetal reducers but it looks like I will need to trim some of the material behind the fogs - the black divider/flaps.

I may try to drill 3 holes into the reducers and mount the reducers to the foglight mounting holes by bending some threaded rod into a L shape and putting nuts on each end. I don't want them to come loose or fall out when I'm driving around on the street.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Thanks. I can't really see much of rear of the fogs to see how you attached it. I bought the 4" to 3" sheetmetal reducers but it looks like I will need to trim some of the material behind the fogs - the black divider/flaps.

I may try to drill 3 holes into the reducers and mount the reducers to the foglight mounting holes by bending some threaded rod into a L shape and putting nuts on each end. I don't want them to come loose or fall out when I'm driving around on the street.

I did some very minor trimming of the plastic bumper cover after removing the fog lights. The 3" hose was a bit of a squeeze going through that opening but it did go through with no problem.

I'll see if I have some pics from the inside of the bumper cover.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread