running out of fuel?

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Guys,

I have since installed the Kenne Bell supercharger, Focus pumps, 55# injectors. I am running the steel Kenne Bell 17# pulley because of what I heard about aluminum pullies voiding Kenne Bell's warrantee. I was on a business trip all week, so if ya haven't seen or heard from me that is where I was. Anyway, before I left for business, I went to the dyno to get a dyno and tune done. We tried out the Revolution crap, and it was just that, garbage. It had some strange problems that I have never seen before. I guess it is just too new and untested. It was kind of disappointing, because I was psyched about the Chipmaster Revolution stuff. We ended up just tuning my Autologic so I could drive the car safely. We had a problem. I was running out of fuel above 5500 rpm, going to 13.0 or worse. The MAF was obviously pegged. I guess I will need the JDM modified 92mm MAF because of the pegging problem.

I also heard that the Horsepower by Hermann oil spray kit is voiding warrantees as well, which REALLY sucks. Now I have to think about removing it and putting a diaper on the blower. Some zip ties and a towel should fix that problem. But I bought the Hermann kit because it was a nice functional piece. Now I hear things about "vapor lock" and blowers blowing up and voided warrantees? Ugh.

Has anyone else had this problem? What do you guys think? I heard about KosherCobra using an Aeromotive in-line pump and digital FMU, but his car blew up too, so I don't know or think that is the best answer.

Any help, advice would be appreciated. The car DID make over 620rwhp with very little timing, so the Bell works, I just need to sort out my fuel delivery problems.

Don

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
How much power were you making?

I would use a BAP, but that requires a PITA wire upgrade with the focus pumps.

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
There are more cars NOT running the BAP, that with the BAP. And thus far I know for a fact that there are combos out there similar to mine without the problem, which concerns me.

I made over 620rwhp on a full dyno pull.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Well now that your running the Focus pumps, I wouldn't run the BAP either. Your MAF was pegged @ 17lbs? WOW. I was getting about 4.07v's @ redline @ 16lbs, but I was at Max duty cycle on the injectors @ abour 5800rpm and started going lean. 12.7 @ redline from about 10.5 @ 5800. I will be switching pullys to the 17lb'er soon, with 55lb injectors and the BAP, which may put me @ 18lbs(JLT CAI). I'll keep the stock pumps while running the BAP as long as I can keep it safe. Switching from Diablo to Superchips..........

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
I may be switching from Autologic to Superchips too. I am not exactly sure that the MAF was pegged, I was just assuming it was because the a/f was fine until 5500rpms and we were feeding it a ton of fuel and we just couldn't get the a/f to richen out. We had the commanded pressure up to 70psi and the car just wouldn't respond. We didn't want to put the commanded pressure up to 75psi because then we would be risking breaking a fuel rail pressure sensor.....

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by kaboom
:shrug:

I don't mean to sound argumentative BUT if you aren't the one actually setting up and tuning the car, why does this have to be your concern. IOW, your tuner should be able to simply figure this out and take care of it without too much concern on your part. I have no idea who is tuning your car BUT if your tuner is stumped (and from your post it sounds like they may be), maybe you should think about getting a second professional opinion (not only from us lay people on the forums)......

MJ

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
I fully plan to mj, but in all fairness my tuner has done quite a few KB equipped cars, just not as many with as many mods as I have. Thanks again.

KOTH

Hang loose - travel light
Established Member
Kenne Bell is voiding the Blowzilla warrantys because of a HP by Hermann oil catch can? They should be paying Hermann a commision instead! Many people would have passed on a KB due to the oil spray and KBs lame fix of dumping oil to the fender well or into some plastic bottle. Hermann's catch can became a real, workable, reliable solution.

Last edited:

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
We are still trying to find out if Hermann's can actually voids the warantee. Will keep you all posted on that.

What pisses me off is that I have very few options now about the fuel problem I have. Mail order tunes are not an option, and I really don't want to do the Aeromotive in-line pump and module since KosherCobra's car took a dump.

There are quite a few guys out there with my exact same set-up WITHOUT this issue.

The earliest I can get a second opinion is May 24th......ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread