Running out of fuel

asierra1

Established Member
I need a little help identifying an issue. My car more often than not runs lean around 4500-5000 rpms. It got some bad e85 a while ago, so pre and post filters were changed, as well as the fuel pump. The car ran fine before the bad fuel, so I'm thinking the issue is still fuel related. At about 4500 rpm the wideband will go up to around 12.0-13.0 and the motor sounds like it's running out of fuel. It runs completely normal otherwise. Only thing left to change is the pressure regulator and the injectors. Before I drop even more money, I'd like to hear yalls thoughts. This is all on 93 with the correct 93 tune btw. In the first video, the issue occurs, while in the second, it doesn't they were taken within a few minutes of each other. I'd also like to point out that there have been no issues with the car before the bad e85 was pumped in it.

Fuel setup is:

A1000
-10 feed
-8 return
-Magnafuel regulator 1:1 boost reference mounted on the fuel rails
-Stock rails
-80lb injectors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigmoose

Established Member
Regardless at this point you need to pull the injectors and have them cleaned/flow tested. At least for peace of mind.

Also don't pull that high if you know it's going lean. 13.0 on 93 can do some damage.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
It takes one second to kill an engine. As sad bad E85 can gum injectors up pretty badly. Check voltage at the pump as well, could be a bad ground or the pump not getting enough juice if it only happens at upper rpms.

asierra1

Established Member
It takes one second to kill an engine. As sad bad E85 can gum injectors up pretty badly. Check voltage at the pump as well, could be a bad ground or the pump not getting enough juice if it only happens at upper rpms.

True. The pump is getting enough voltage and the ground is secure. The car has been running on e85 for about two years and then recently got a batch of bad fuel. My guess is an injector has some trash in it and can't keep up at high rpms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread