Running out of fuel on just a 2.8" pulley

cbehr

Established Member
I though a "simple" pulley and remote tune would be fun this summer but was running out of fuel 5K during the tuning sessions. I added a BAP and now at 5.5K I'm running out of fuel. I'm guessing the 18 year old fuel pumps are struggling and just can't keep up. What's a cost effective solution for fuel pumps? I'm not looking to spend $1K+ on a return fuel system especially because there really is only 1 gas station around that has it. The most I can see myself doing with the car is a self port to the eaton this winter or next.

Life gets in the way and the car has just been sitting the last couple months while I've dealt with other problems/projects. I'm hoping to get at least a little time on the roads this summer/fall!

Thanks for the help!!
Chris

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
definitely not go return until you had to.

The tuner should be able to tell you duty cycle on the pumps and injectors, I dont know what kinda power these cars make on that pulley. Is the tuner keeping an eye on voltage? These cars are known to eat alternators and if voltage dips @ WOT fuel flow goes off a cliff

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I ran old school GT pumps in a stock hat with the stock FPDM and wire upgrade. FPDC was somewhere in the 80's with the 2.8 upper on a stock eaton. I'd say drop the GT pumps in the stock hat with the wire upgrade and call it good.

OSU34

Established Member
Interesting. I had a 2.8 pulley on a stock fuel system (No BAP) and made 479 for years without any issues. In regards to your question, there’s no right answer…it truly depends where you plan on taking the car. If you truly think you’ll only port the blower, you obviously will have to feed it more fuel. You could drop in DW Plug and Play pumps or convert the hat to GT Supercar pumps, return style, etc. Ive seen some good deals pop up in the market place for converted hats and injectors. But then again, I’ve always been of the mindset - do it once, do it right.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread