Running dual Ford GT pumps - batt to pumps wire upgrade?

cobracide

Established Member
Hi,

Using dual GT pumps I have the dual FPDM upgrade - with the Lethal Performance wire harness. Do I need to run a wire from the batt to the fuel system or is just the dual fpdm wire harness ok? Also have a Fore hat and the extra FPDM (of course), uscar 60lb injectors. Also, should I be doing anything about the stock fuel rails and/or fuel line? Should be sized to 550hp. Thanks!

Last edited:

Digital

Established Member
Hi,

Using dual GT pumps I have the dual FPDM upgrade - with the Lethal Performance wire harness. Do I need to run a wire from the batt to the fuel system or is just the dual fpdm wire harness ok? Also have a Fore hat and the extra FPDM (of course), uscar 60lb injectors. Also, should I be doing anything about the stock fuel rails and/or fuel line? Should be sized to 550hp. Thanks!

As far as the battery to FPDM wire I would do it just because it's cheap and you are trying to run two fpdms & two upgraded pumps anyways, mine as well give it a fatter wire to run down.

According to KBs fuel bench the stock lines & rails are good to ~700hp, I kinda think not so much but everyone has their opinion.

Lethal sells a kit for like 600$ that has upgraded fuel rails and a -8an line with all the mounting stuff you need /w upgraded fuel filter.
Lethal Performance 03-04 Cobra Fuel Line Upgrade w/Fuel Rails [LP-7700] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs
Not really a bad price or idea if you plan on making more hp then 550.
You'll start to max out your fuel system soon if you do another major power adder upgrade.

I pretty much ran the system that you have /w the stuff I posted as well at one point and was on the edge with nitrous at 650hp.
Only difference was I had BAPs.

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
I just dug through the parts (got a ton of stuff, posi ported blower with support mods) and I'm pretty sure the dual FPDM lethal kit has a wire with a fuse that runs to the battery. Didn't see it before. If that's not the case, I will definately get some wire and a fuse to run. Thanks Scott! Can't wait to get all ths stuff on.

Last edited:

Digital

Established Member
I just dug through the parts (got a ton of stuff, posi ported blower with support mods) and I'm pretty sure the dual FPDM lethal kit has a wire with a fuse that runs to the battery. Didn't see it before. If that's not the case, I will definately get some wire and a fuse to run. Thanks Scott! Can't wait to get all ths stuff on.

Woops didnt realise you had the kit, it comes with a fat red wire and a big ass speaker system looking fuse. That's exactly what you want.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I have an extra wiring upgrade with the wire, fuse, and relay. Shoot me a PM if you end up needing one.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I ran an 8 ga. wire from the underhood fusebox to my dual FPDM wiring harness and 12 ga wires from the harness to my Fore fuel hat. All connections were soldered...:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread