Running a modded Charger

Gruca

Established Member
On my way home yesterday a yellow Charger pulls up at a light and decided to try to race me. His car sounded mean...I have a 2014 GT with a Paxton. I wasn’t too worried. We start and when I shift to second, tires spin, air tube going to my intake pops off, car dies, and I have to pull over and reattach it. Embarrassing...

He even turned around at the next stop light and floored it as he went by just to rub it in. Asshole.

MG0h3

Established Member
hahhahah. 99 out of 100 stories are how bad someone beat someone...kinda boring.

You'll get him next time.

Gruca

Established Member
I promptly stopped at PepBoys and grabbed a cheap ratchet and deep well set to keep in my car for future incidents. I went to fix it in the parking lot and broke the bolt on the clamp. Rough night.

Gruca

Established Member
Look for a t style clamp, they have a nylon lock nut and wont come loose, worm gear clamps can come loose and really work like crap on boosted stuff.

It was actually the t-bolt style clamp. I bought the set from JPC. It came loose somehow after thousands of miles. Then the bolt broke when I tried to tighten it. I had to put a worm style one back on until I can find where to order just a 3.5" t-style clamp.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
giphy.webp

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Was it a Hellcat Charger??
If it was, you'd probably lose anyways. lol :p

Gruca

Established Member
Was it a Hellcat Charger??
If it was, you'd probably lose anyways. lol :p

No, it wasn't a Hellcat.

However, I disagree with your assessment of me vs a Hellcat. It would be a very good race (with me winning of course, assuming my pipes stay connected lol). I have more horsepower than a stock Hellcat and weigh a lot less...

gnats

Find One Recall Daily
Established Member
On my way home yesterday a yellow Charger pulls up at a light and decided to try to race me. His car sounded mean...I have a 2014 GT with a Paxton. I wasn’t too worried. We start and when I shift to second, tires spin, air tube going to my intake pops off, car dies, and I have to pull over and reattach it. Embarrassing...

He even turned around at the next stop light and floored it as he went by just to rub it in. Asshole.
Found On Road Dead!

Hahahahaha

blubyu87gt

Established Member
Hahaha I had a couple situations like this so totally know the pain.

First was running a turbo 370z. I was in my D1SC 87. I was just doing some street tuning since I just got the head unit back from ATI after getting it upgraded/rebuilt. So wasn't trying to do any WOT pulls..... Naturally that's when I am sitting at a light and the Z starts revving. We punch it on green and going into 3rd I hear an odd sound (thought the motor let go) and the motor fell flat.... Then I notice the thing I had just run over was definitely the charge pipe for my car lol. I guess it was okay since I was about 2 cars ahead at that point. Just glad I ran over it and it didn't hit anything.

Second time was on the highway. An 07ish Roush wanted to play. This was in my D1SC 92. 3rd run I hit it and apparently the crank had other ideas .... The crank snout and damper decided they wanted to become one of my radiator. So that was awesome.

Gruca

Established Member
Same exact shit happened again today against a Focus RS. Dropped it to 3rd going about 60, and as soon as I hit about 7k rpms, I thought I blew my motor. Then I realized the car was off. I pulled over and that same got damn tube blew off again. Not sure why I can’t get the damn thing to stay on.

lshin037

Established Member
Same exact thing happened to me twice. Once running with an M4 and the second time, which was much more embarrassing, I was running with a G37, not even modified. Hasn't happened since but I keep a roll of duct tape as a bandaid in case it happens again.

blubyu87gt

Established Member
Lol and that is why I took the D1SC's off my 92 and 87. I had short spirts of awesomeness followed by long streches of nothing but headaches with them. Seemed to put way more stress on the crank snout then the stocker could handle. Seemed to always be throwing belts, dampers, charge pipes, crank snouts or a combination of the four.

Love the D1 on my Cobra though.

Gruca

Established Member
Same exact thing happened to me twice. Once running with an M4 and the second time, which was much more embarrassing, I was running with a G37, not even modified. Hasn't happened since but I keep a roll of duct tape as a bandaid in case it happens again.

I keep a ratchet and socket in my center console. It's saved me a few times now.

greenscobie86

Established Member
I blew the coolant sensor out of the stock plastic NPI intake racing a Pontiac G8 with my old 2v vert back in the day with my friend in the car, steam and coolant everywhere. I feel your pain lol. Sometimes $hit happens.

Glad to see you posted about it though, all in good fun. :)

Users who are viewing this thread