rubbing sound when turning right. any ideas?

robraySVT

Established Member
So, I have a 2014 with 12,4xx miles on it. I'm the second owner. The other night when leaving for work I turned all the way to the right as far as you can turn the steering wheel because I had to make a sharp turn. This was in 1st, so I was barely moving. I noticed a loud rubbing noise coming from the front passenger side. Kind of metal on metal rubbing. It only does it when the wheel is turned all the way. Taking it in tomorrow, but does anyone know what it might be? Or had this happen. Thanks

robraySVT

Established Member
So it turned out to be rocks stuck in my dust shield and it wasn't covered under ford's pos warranty because nothing was replaced. The stealership charged me for diagnostic 125 bucks and misc bs fee of 12.50. What a bunch of crooks! The diagnostic is one thing, but fees for doing nothing are bs

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, find a new dealer. Although i would have charged it under new cars for that. 12/12000 was what we went off of. If you had 12500 we would cover the extra 500 miles for small BS stuff like this. If it did damage then i was on you but if it was just pulling a rock out of somewhere then it was covered for an hour of the techs time through the dealer new car department.

Users who are viewing this thread