RTR Decklid Install

Bagged11GT

Established Member
Thank you for the video. I am looking to do this soon with mine. Bought it with one already on there that is not my style. Cutting the trunk lid is the only down side though. But sealing it correctly and keeping it from rusting will prevent any issues later on.

BSyo1021

Established Member
Thank you for the video. I am looking to do this soon with mine. Bought it with one already on there that is not my style. Cutting the trunk lid is the only down side though. But sealing it correctly and keeping it from rusting will prevent any issues later on.
Sure thing! Hopefully it helps with the actual install!

jmp6889928

Nice work and looks great. Next time you do one of these, to save yourself grief from missing center with your hole saw, drill a pilot hole in the direct center BEFORE you engage the hole saw. It will make it come out perfect.

High speed pneumatic steel saw is easier than the Dremel too. You have to be extremely careful with the Dremel because the wheels disintegrate and can shoot out chunks. Ask me how I know (see my avatar-slot car-racing since 1969 and have worn out at least 100 Dremels over the years), so wear safety glasses and a nurse mask. It will save you in the long run.

Last edited:

BSyo1021

Established Member
Nice work and looks great. Next time you do one of these, to save yourself grief from missing center with your hole saw, drill a pilot hole in the direct center BEFORE you engage the hole saw. It will make it come out perfect.

High speed pneumatic steel saw is easier than the Dremel too. You have to be extremely careful with the Dremel because the wheels disintegrate and can shoot out chunks. Ask me how I know (see my avatar-slot car-racing since 1969 and have worn out at least 100 Dremels over the years), so wear safety glasses and a nurse mask. It will save you in the long run.

Good advice. Thanks for the tips! The snowboard goggles and mask ended up working good in a pinch lol

Users who are viewing this thread