RTR deck lid panel

mjohns930

Established Member
I have seen a couple people with it and it looks really good. I would really like it but I too am wary about cutting a hole in the trunk. If you ever wanted to go back to stock or got tired of it, too bad.

Although the threads I have read about people installing it, they say it is pretty easy. Just need a body saw from Harbor Freight or something. And I guess it comes with some paint or primer or something to prevent rust.

I wouldn't do it though in the end.

DanenGraham

Established Member
How is the faux gas tank thing mounted? Can it be removed easily, and are there any holes in the trunk from the factory?

I wish it wasn't on the car at all, i just a nice body color truck.

keoni1984

Established Member
That looks really good, Dasan. I've been thinking about getting that too. You have to actually cut out the faux emblem??

the5

Established Member
For the 13-14 cars its reversible, for 11-12 its permanent.

Deespeed99

Established Member
Love the look of this but the Rtr emblem kills it, can you get without?

No but you can have a bodyshop remove it. I dont know if id try to do it myself.

Didn't someone post that their RTR deck lid started rusting?

It will rust if you dont check it over when you receive it and if any corners have paint chipped or flaking.

How is the faux gas tank thing mounted? Can it be removed easily, and are there any holes in the trunk from the factory?

I wish it wasn't on the car at all, i just a nice body color truck.

The faux cap is a panel that is removed then you have to drill or cut out the hump that it was mounted on.

That looks really good, Dasan. I've been thinking about getting that too. You have to actually cut out the faux emblem??

Yep! After you remove the factory panel.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
On my 2012, I didn't want to cut the deck lid for the RTR panel. So I removed the faux cap. Then removed the GT emblem from the faux cap, painted it and installed the GT emblem on the deck lid.
Not smooth like the RTR panel, but I got rid of the ugly chrome faux fuel cap.

Users who are viewing this thread