Rst/Rxt guys come in

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member
I know this is the wrong section but I figured I would get more info here. For the guys that installed one of these clutches with the factory pivot ball how much clearence did you have? I would say I have at least 1/8" maybe more of free play in the fork but is this enough? I'm worried that once the clutch gets settled in the free play will go away. I just want to make sure everything is the way it should be before I proceed with putting everything back together.

rudycobra

Established Member
I'd say it will b ok . Wen I first did my rxt with adjustable pivot ball I only had bout 1/8 too . I slightly tightened cable to where throw out bearing just barely spins wen car is running in neutral

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i agree that should be enough. when I installed mine I used the factory pivot ball, and was not too sure at first if it was going to work because I tried to do a lot of measuring before installing the transmission, but it went in just fine and works great.

rudycobra

Established Member
I'd say it will b ok . Wen I first did my rxt with adjustable pivot ball I only had bout 1/8 too . I slightly tightened cable to where throw out bearing just barely spins wen car is running in neutral

Users who are viewing this thread