RS body parts Stateside (newbie)

Frank@TN

I have recently purchased my son an '04 SVT for his 16th birthday today. He does not know about the car yet. I bought him the car because he wants an RS and this was the closest thing. He really digs the wide body, however, I am unable to find a source for the fenders, hood and bumpers. I have done a search and everything I find is years old. Are there any sources for these? I will even take UK sources at this point. He will want to euro spec the car so any other RS parts sources for this car would be much appreciated.

Steve@Tasca

The SVT is a pretty rare car and their numbers are dwindling, a regular Focus would be a better option for a conversion. RS parts can be found but not easily, everything can be sourced from overseas but obviously that gets expensive.

-Steve

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Guessing you acquired the two-door version of the SVTF...

The rear quarter panels on the RS body are completely different than the regular Focus panels. Meaning if you could actually get the original RS panels, you would have to spend big $$$$ at a body shop just to cut/remove the original quarter panels off the SVT. Then tack-weld the RS ones in place....

The car would looking funny with a narrow rear-end and bulging front fenders if you didn't include the rear quarter panel replacement.....

Users who are viewing this thread