RPM's on the rise

SethMax

Established Member
Intake air temperature sensor

Maybe. I modified the sheet out of my old Civic and at some point in all the fluster of disconnecting sensors, I trashed the IAT Sensor and my car did exactly what you described, but only when it was cold out. Like 40degrees or below....

DSMiller

RPM on the rise

This might sound silly, esp. for someone who has spent time on right and left turn tracks, but I noticed my RPM would rise at times. No noticable rhyme or reason, until I realized the side of my shoe was depressing the gas pedal when my foot was on the brake. The pedal layout is perfect for 'heel and toe' driving just the spring pressure on the loud pedal is so light, I didn't notice I was putting pressure on it. RPM at times from 1500 to 3500 RPM. Check your feet and make sure you aren't chasing a ghost.

svtcntrskid

Established Member
Re: RPM on the rise

Originally posted by DSMiller
This might sound silly, esp. for someone who has spent time on right and left turn tracks, but I noticed my RPM would rise at times. No noticable rhyme or reason, until I realized the side of my shoe was depressing the gas pedal when my foot was on the brake. The pedal layout is perfect for 'heel and toe' driving just the spring pressure on the loud pedal is so light, I didn't notice I was putting pressure on it. RPM at times from 1500 to 3500 RPM. Check your feet and make sure you aren't chasing a ghost.

lol...i've been asked if thats what I had been doing. No, my foot is not resting on the accelerator. I'll push in the clutch and move my right foot away from accelerator and brake to make sure and it still does it.

Still haven't founf a fix for this...guess I'm going to have to live with it.:(

-neal

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
Well you might break down and try the TH (Throttle hang) Fix

Do you know if they put the updated IAC on at the dealership?
No I do not know the part number off hand...

Any bind in the throttle cable?

Have you looked at the throttle body and seen if the back is all gunked up (common) and causing it to not fully close?

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I forgot all about the throttle cable sticking..............

svtcntrskid

Established Member
well, i think I might have finally solved this problem...for now.

Since I installed my KKM intake this afternoon the rpms have not surged or hung at all. I disconnected the negative battery cable for the install just so my computer would reset for the intake and I guess it cured the throttle surge too.

I had reset the computer, or so I thought twice before. Maybe I didn't leave the cable off long enough:-? When I had done this before I left it off for maybe 15 minutes...i figured that was long enough. Today I left it off for almost an hour and a half and I guess that did it. The car drives soooo much better, I guess I had gotten use to the hange/surge.

This had bothered me for so long I was really considering selling the car if I could not get it fixed. No more, i fell in love with my car all over again today after installing the KKM, BAT handling Kit and getting rid of the rpm problem.:D I'm so happy!

Now I almost feel like a fool for spending money on IAC valves and TP sensors. Oh well.

Thanks alot guys for all of your help!:-D

-neal

JimM

Fix For Throttle Hang....

Hi Folks..

I have been having intermittent problems with throttle hang
for the past few months. A week ago it got much worse
though, with the throttle hanging up constantly. The car
has only 10,800 miles on it so I made the assumption that
it was something simple like a sticking accelerator cable. I lifted the hood and sprayed white grease on the exposed area of the accelerator cable ( I found two cables that appeared to be doing the same job, so I sprayed the exposed areas on both). I took the car out for a quick test drive and found that this immediately corrected the problem. That was this past Saturday, and I have
not had a problem with throttle hang since. What a pleasure being able to shift normally again without that friggin' throttle hang! Hope this helps you all out.

Jim M.
'99 CSVT -- Silver/Blue
SHO SHOP Y Pipe
K&N air filter

Users who are viewing this thread