Royal Purple Max-Clean

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I use Chevron-Techron religiously but I wanted to give this a try…

It’s advertised as a fuel system cleaner and stabilizer… My questions are:
1) Anyone have experience with Max-Clean?
2) Why is this better than Chevron Techron?
3) Can I use this for a fuel stabilizer instead of STA-Bil?

Thanks for your feedback.

XQdX0M9.jpg

I've periodically used Royal Purple Max-Clean. 3 consecutive cans and 3 fillups. Have done the same with Amsoil's fuel system cleaner, (2) 3Ms high concentrate cleaner and have used BG 44K in the past before and have done 2 consecutive treatments of Cataclean.

Its so hard to provide scientific data with these fuel cleaners, via practical commuter use. With Amsoil's cleaner I could of sworn I saw at least a 1mpg increase by the 3rd fill up but my driving was consistent from fill up to fill up.

I think these are good cleaners but maybe more dramatic results tend to come in vehicles that have rarely eaten any kind of fuel system treatment.

RP's products do seem to past the smell test.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I've periodically used Royal Purple Max-Clean. 3 consecutive cans and 3 fillups. Have done the same with Amsoil's fuel system cleaner, (2) 3Ms high concentrate cleaner and have used BG 44K in the past before and have done 2 consecutive treatments of Cataclean.

Its so hard to provide scientific data with these fuel cleaners, via practical commuter use. With Amsoil's cleaner I could of sworn I saw at least a 1mpg increase by the 3rd fill up but my driving was consistent from fill up to fill up.

I think these are good cleaners but maybe more dramatic results tend to come in vehicles that have rarely eaten any kind of fuel system treatment.

RP's products do seem to past the smell test.

This is a great post!

For regular users of any quality fuel system cleaner, it is important to remember that once your engine and your fuel injectors are completely clean, no matter how excellent the fuel system cleaning product that you use after that, you are probably not going to see any improvement in horsepower, torque or fuel economy. You cannot get cleaner than clean.

With that said, all of the above fuel system cleaners mentioned above are decent quality cleaners. Royal Purple Max Clean is targeted and formulated to outperform all of the leading competitive products, and in competitive 3rd party fleet testing it most certainly does.

It typically takes almost 10,000 miles in most vehicles to build up enough deposits to justify reusing the 20 ounce bottle of Max Clean.

If you have friends or neighbors that don't normally use such products, those are the guys that will typically have the most dramatic and most noticeable driveability and fuel economy improvements.

I used to be a huge Techron concentrate fan, however when we came out with our Max Clean product I was blown away with how quickly it improved a high mileage used vehicle(127,000 mile SVT Focus) that I had just purchased.

For vehicles that don't see many miles per year and are then parked and stored, your fuel can be stabilized up to 1 year for gasoline/ethanol blends up to E15, and up to 9 months for higher ethanol concentrations like E85. Higher ethanol concentrations tend to increase water contamination and oxidation of the fuel.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
This is a great post!

For regular users of any quality fuel system cleaner, it is important to remember that once your engine and your fuel injectors a completely clean, no matter how excellent the fuel system cleaning product that you use after that, you are probably not going to see any improvement in horsepower, torque or fuel economy. You cannot get cleaner than clean.

With that said, all of the above fuel system cleaners mentioned above are decent quality cleaners. Royal Purple Max Clean is targeted and formulated to outperform all of the leading competitive products, and in competitive 3rd party fleet testing it most certainly does.

It typically takes almost 10,000 miles in most vehicles to build up enough deposits to justify the reusing the 20 ounce bottle of Max Clean.

If you have friends or neighbors that don't normally use such products, those are the guys that will typically have the most dramatic and most noticeable driveability and fuel economy improvements.

I used to be a huge Techron concentrate fan, however when we came out with our Max Clean product I was blown away with how quickly it improved a high mileage used vehicle that I had just purchased.

For vehicles that don't see many miles per year and are then parked and stored, your fuel can be stabilized up to 1 year for gasoline/ethanol blends up to E15, and up to 9 months for higher ethanol concentrations like E85. Higher ethanol concentrations tend to increase water contamination and oxidation of the fuel.

That's pretty much what I figured.

Users who are viewing this thread