Royal Purple - Hollywood

Patriot Guy

Established Member
I can tell you I was a RP guy for many years until the costs skyrocketed, I guess to support the advertising. Have been using Mobil 1 for a year but just switched to Amsoil in the Cobra tranny due to a great local Amsoil rep and this thread. Will most likely switch to Amsoil for all my vehicles since it is so readily availalble here. My question is "Why Does the Amsoil trnasmission fliud smell so bad and does the engine oil have the same smell"?

2qwikSVT

Established Member
Just turned on The Last Stand with Arnold Schwarzenegger and not 10 minutes in, a big a$$ RP truck drove by. Hahaha.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
"Why Does the Amsoil trnasmission fliud smell so bad and does the engine oil have the same smell"?

Oil does not smell the same. It's likely the additives chosen. In gear oil, high pressure modifiers make it stick. Transmission fluid, could be friction modifiers.

Just turned on The Last Stand with Arnold Schwarzenegger and not 10 minutes in, a big a$$ RP truck drove by. Hahaha.

Saw it too. In fact, it was in Need 4 Speed also. Royal Purple spends a lot of money on Hollywood marketing plugs.

Dont make fun of royal purple too much, you might get yelled at and have your thread closed.

Sticking to science.

That has not been an issue here at the Spoon.

Last edited:

mattaglover

2011 5.0
Established Member
I was trying to be funny. Guess I suck at that. Alot of guys get really mad when RP is talked bad about. I wish we could get a couple reports on the best so we can see for ourselves.

Sticking to science.

That has not been an issue here at the Spoon.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread