Royal Purple - Hollywood

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Has anyone else noticed all of the new movies coming out of Hollywood lately that have a Royal Purple advertisement shoe horned in somewhere. It may be a 53' truck/trailer, or 55 gallon drums of oil, shirts, banners on the wall, etc.

RP has gone all Hollywood advertisement in the past couple of years. I know in the past few months, I've spotted something in at least 5 different movies.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
That website only gives 1 movie, Real Steel, credit for using Royal Purple. I submitted another, The Last Stand. There are many more.

oldmodman

Established Member
Product placement is a HUGE business here in Hollywood.

A ten second on screen shot could be worth millions in sales. And the money flows getting a product on screen. Might just be a truck driving by in the background while the main characters are sitting at an outdoor cafe, or it could be incredibly blatant, where a line of dialog is inserted mentioning a product.

The people that negotiate placement contracts can make tens of millions of dollars doing this type of work.

And don't forget the subliminal placements. Now that so many theaters are video based a flicker of a product can be shown on the screen during a particular showing and replaced with something different for the next.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
OK, I've come to a conclusion. Many of you know it was discovered Royal Purple is now using hydrocracked petroleum in their base formulation (new bottle) commonly found in stores. This was proven here.

LINK

Lately, it's hard to watch a Hollywood blockbuster, focused on men, without seeing Royal Purple boxes, barrels, banners, or some type of logo in the movie (two more new movies had this in the past week). I do not recall this level of movie plugs for RP in the past, with their old formulation.

Conclusion, if they would invest advertising dollars in their product instead of movies, their base formulation would be so much better....as it was in the past.

Again, let's call a duck "a duck".

oldmodman

Established Member
And you must always remember who your customers are when creating advertising.

I was thinking that a couple of Amsoil stickers strategically placed on a woman with very large breasts could be very effective in grabbing ones attention.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
OK, I've come to a conclusion. Many of you know it was discovered Royal Purple is now using hydrocracked petroleum in their base formulation (new bottle) commonly found in stores. This was proven here.

LINK

Lately, it's hard to watch a Hollywood blockbuster, focused on men, without seeing Royal Purple boxes, barrels, banners, or some type of logo in the movie (two more new movies had this in the past week). I do not recall this level of movie plugs for RP in the past, with their old formulation.

Conclusion, if they would invest advertising dollars in their product instead of movies, their base formulation would be so much better....as it was in the past.

Again, let's call a duck "a duck".

Your obsession with base oils fails to account for very real performance advantages that are born out and evident through numerous unbiased third party testing outcomes.

You have not proven anything.

Quack Quack!
auburn-1.jpg

5.0Flareside

Established Member
Your obsession with base oils fails to account for very real performance advantages that are born out and evident through numerous unbiased third party testing outcomes.

You have not proven anything.

Quack Quack!
auburn-1.jpg

but yet UOA after UOA you see the API RP shear.. and at times even the even more expensive HPS shear..

yet, see little to no shearing on Any Amsoil products. especially signature series. which cost less per qt than API royal purple..

also don't see many UOA of rp making it past 5-7k without TBN being nearly gone..

this from what I've seen is largely based off base stock. better base stock makes everything more stable including HTHS.

so then.. why on earth would someone buy a RP product? less cost, better performance is available from your local friendly Amsoil dealer.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
but yet UOA after UOA you see the API RP shear.. and at times even the even more expensive HPS shear..

yet, see little to no shearing on Any Amsoil products. especially signature series. which cost less per qt than API royal purple..

also don't see many UOA of rp making it past 5-7k without TBN being nearly gone..

this from what I've seen is largely based off base stock. better base stock makes everything more stable including HTHS.

so then.. why on earth would someone buy a RP product? less cost, better performance is available from your local friendly Amsoil dealer.

Multiple factors can affect viscosity loss. Fuel dilution and condensation both contribute. Once past the factory warranty period you can use those SAE/API Royal Purple oils up to 12,000 miles or one year with no issue what so ever.

With UOAs sometimes longer. Domestic diesel pickups we recommend 15,000 miles.

Please show me the actual test for shearing.

Also show me an Amsoil product that will out perform our HPS series oils. In terms of protection and facilitating more horsepower being made, not some relatively meaningless numbers on an oil analysis.
If you can make more horsepower or get better fuel economy, or offer higher film strength or protection .... YOU WIN!

Back to back same day, same vehicle dyno testing.
Go ahead and set it up.
Use your very best oil against our middle HPS oil.

These comparisons using your very best oil against our cheapest chemistry restricted SAE/API oils, quite frankly are completely inappropriate. That's our warranty compliant API licensed oil, why not compare it to one of your API licensed oils?? HMMMM???

That fact that you Amsoil guys have to take shots at us to sell your oil is also very telling.

You guys have very good oil, you should not have to market your product that way. It makes you look cheap. It's cheaper oil it should sell itself, if it's really in fact that much better.

Not sure why I even bother.

Later...

Users who are viewing this thread