Royal Purple API 5w30 or Amsoil OE 5w30

FordJunkie

Established Member
Need to change oil in the ford explorer,right now,I've got Amsoil ASL 5w30 in the crankcase.

I can get 5w30 RP API for 39.00$ or Amsoil OE 5w30 for $41

I'm kinda leaning towards using the RP ;-)

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Even our least expensive API licensed oils are still a proprietary combination of Group IV and Group V base oils and use the most current state of the art additives available.

Though that is an API-SN oil that has chemistry restrictions limiting phosphorous to 800 ppm, we will blend as close to the max as possible and use an extremely high retention version of the zinc and phosphorous anti wear additive.

FordJunkie

Established Member
Even our least expensive API licensed oils are still a proprietary combination of Group IV and Group V base oils and use the most current state of the art additives available.

Though that is an API-SN oil that has chemistry restrictions limiting phosphorous to 800 ppm, we will blend as close to the max as possible and use an extremely high retention version of the zinc and phosphorous anti wear additive.

Thanks for the info! Around my area,not many people know anything about what they sell on the shelves. They all seem to know more about brand x,but then when it comes to the not-so-widely used products,they have this blank stare :dw:

Thanks again guys,will be going the RP route.:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread