Roush TVS Noise

tommyf2011

Established Member
I have a Roush phase 2 supercharger on my CS and I'm looking for more whine. I already have the Roush CAI which helps a lot as well as the 85mm pulley. I know you can change pulleys and that will make it louder but I found a video on YouTube of someone with an M90 and having silencer holes from Roush. Does the TVS have this and if so how do you get to them ?

tommyf2011

Established Member
Like seriously wtf is he doing on my thread? And who the hell does he think he is "ricer" what the hell are you talking about dude?!?!? Get a life....

I seriously cant believe the negativity on this forum, thats why most of the mustang forums are going down hill because of dickheaded people

RC-5.0

Established Member
Good question...Im going with a VMP (Roush) soon, and I dont want annoying whistle, but I DO want some sound when it's revved up. I dont think Im going smaller than an 82mm pulley, but I heard the smaller ones help. I also read somewhere that the JLT CAI helps with sound.

Subscribing to get more details.

POSITIVITY! :rockon:
RC

bmyles

Established Member
I had a m90 on my 08 gt and yeah it sounded awesome but that's where it stopped. My Tvs even with the jlt is not even close in the sound department, you need a twin screw like a Kb or whipple to make noise

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Like seriously wtf is he doing on my thread? And who the hell does he think he is "ricer" what the hell are you talking about dude?!?!? Get a life....

I seriously cant believe the negativity on this forum, thats why most of the mustang forums are going down hill because of dickheaded people

Roid rage? :poke:

yngrshr

Established Member
This is the equivalent of cam threads on LS1Tech where guys ask what cam to buy for DAT CRAZY LOPE.

deepblue13

Established Member
You will get some sound out of a JLT intake and smaller pulley but will not get the whine that a Whipple produces. The Roush is a queit blower.

burke985

Established Member
Friend has a stage 3 which is an 80mm pulley and Roush CAI and it whines a tad thats about it . Im going down to the 80mm pulley next month soon as i can get some good logs

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
The tvs is a quiet blowe. It does not even have silencer ports like the heatons. You can remove the hood insulation for a little more noise but not much. If you like the whine get a whipple.

juniormedic

Established Member
I am really considering the Roush blower so I met an engineer from there for a blast in a stage 3 with phase 3 upgrades. I immediately noticed how quiet it was from inside the car compared to the M90. He had a laugh as the OE's prefer quiet for NVH and refinement reasons ...but aftermarket buyers wanna hear it! He went on to say the main reason is due to advancements in efficiency of the TVS, meaning that good ole whine from the m90 was caused by poor airflow. Either way the car ripped! Still trying to negotiate it with the wife...

Users who are viewing this thread