Roush TVS is on

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I finished up the install this afternoon.
I would like to thank Chuck@Evolution Performance for some advice he gave me. And my buddy Fred for coming by yesterday to help with the wiring.
I haven't been able to go WOT due to the tires being bacon in a hot frying pan. I'll have the race tires mounted some time this week.

Last edited:

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
Let me know if the car surges.. Does anyone have a Roush TVS with another tune besides VMP?

Mike50

Established Member
Stock pulley. Will be going to a smaller one when I have time for the fuel system up grades.
What size pulley are you planning to use? I have the 79mm on now which makes 10 lbs. of boost with a VMP tune, and it is not maxing out the injectors even out to 7,300 RPM. Why not replace the stock pulley now and put on an 82 or 79? You can pick up an additional 2-2.5 lbs. of boost for very little cash (no other upgrades needed).

Mike50

Established Member
Let me know if the car surges.. Does anyone have a Roush TVS with another tune besides VMP?
I have heard about the surging issue, but I am not experiencing it on mine. Does this only affect automatics (mine is manual)? Is this happening while in cruise control? While engine braking?

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Drove it a few miles last night, no surge issue

What size pulley are you planning to use? I have the 79mm on now which makes 10 lbs. of boost with a VMP tune, and it is not maxing out the injectors even out to 7,300 RPM. Why not replace the stock pulley now and put on an 82 or 79? You can pick up an additional 2-2.5 lbs. of boost for very little cash (no other upgrades needed).
I am ordering the 82mm today. :beer:
Where are you tapping into to pick up a boost source for the gauge?

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
I was thinking you have an auto car. The cruise is where it acts up the most. I highly suggest the 82mm pulley. Ours picked up 2 tenths,and 5mph, in the 1/8th with only a 90 to 82 pulley swap.

Congrats! :thumbsup:

alex12gt

Established Member
im running a bbr tune and dont have surge issues running stock pulley with 47lb inj. a vortech bap and have a jlt intake i plan to get it dynoed soon and if i dont hit 600 ill add the pulley

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I was thinking you have an auto car. The cruise is where it acts up the most. I highly suggest the 82mm pulley. Ours picked up 2 tenths,and 5mph, in the 1/8th with only a 90 to 82 pulley swap.
Congrats! :thumbsup:
I do have a auto. I'll keep an eye on it. I haven't used the cruise yet.
How much power does this set up produce?
I'll let you know after it hits the rollers.
There's a tap in the pass rear of the intake.
Thanks Bro. :beer:
I can't wait to install mine :) How long was your wait for the tune from VMP? No JLT big air intake?
about 4 weeks
Congrats! and welcome to the family:banana:
Congrats. Looks like factory installed.

Users who are viewing this thread