Roush Supercharger Reservoir Steaming

VinnyS197

Hi all, I have a Roush phase 1 SC 2014 GT that is steaming coolant from the supercharger reservoir. I am unsure as to why it’s doing this but I don’t have any white smoke coming from the exhaust and I am not leaking any coolant. I do have a squeaky noise (sounds like a belt) upon cold starts that goes away when the car gets warmed up. I’m mostly concerned about the steaming coolant, so does anyone have any idea what it could be?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Sounds like air might be trapped in the system. I would bleed the system. Also verify that the pump is working

VinnyS197

Sounds like air might be trapped in the system. I would bleed the system. Also verify that the pump is working
I blew out my stock plastic thermostat housing last week and replaced it with a metal one so that shouldn’t cause anymore issues but is there a reason as to why that blew out? Could it be related to the coolant reservoir steam?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I blew out my stock plastic thermostat housing last week and replaced it with a metal one so that shouldn’t cause anymore issues but is there a reason as to why that blew out? Could it be related to the coolant reservoir steam?
Check the temps with a temp gun. Sounds like it could be a couple options. Air trapped in the system or over heating. But check to make sure the pump is working and coolant is flowing. Verify the temp. The SC coolant should not be the hot.

Stangra

Established Member
Hi all, I have a Roush phase 1 SC 2014 GT that is steaming coolant from the supercharger reservoir. I am unsure as to why it’s doing this but I don’t have any white smoke coming from the exhaust and I am not leaking any coolant. I do have a squeaky noise (sounds like a belt) upon cold starts that goes away when the car gets warmed up. I’m mostly concerned about the steaming coolant, so does anyone have any idea what it could be?
Are you sure steam is coming from the supercharger reservoir? That coolant shouldn't be nearly hot enought to steam. Is there any coolant flow?

Sgthooligan

Established Member
Check to make sure the pump is circulating the coolant. It is probably air locked .

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread