Roush Stage 3 vs Mid Pipe 5.0

TXVNM

Established Member
When out to a meet last night an got a run in with a 2012 5.0 an owner claimed midpipe an cat back only car but it was a dead even race from about 40-150?? My stage 3 is bone stock, does the out come sound right?? I called BS but didn't care to find out true mods. My car is the 540/465 stage 3. Input??? Also both driver are about evenly matched an I didn't have a passenger an he did.

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
I've never ran a stage 3 but that doesn't really add up!!! And he had a passenger idk about that!!! If all he had was a mid pipe u should've easily put the walking on him!!

TXVNM

Established Member
Same thing I said. Had a 3 way run with a stroker 300 an he said he dynoed in the 460-470rwhp an all 3 cars are dead even.

TXVNM

Established Member
I've never ran a stage 3 but that doesn't really add up!!! And he had a passenger idk about that!!! If all he had was a mid pipe u should've easily put the walking on him!!

I've ran other 5.0 an pulled easy with CIA/Boss/Mid Pipe an tune, he claimed the whole night a stock set up.

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
When out to a meet last night an got a run in with a 2012 5.0 an owner claimed midpipe an cat back only car but it was a dead even race from about 40-150?? My stage 3 is bone stock, does the out come sound right?? I called BS but didn't care to find out true mods. My car is the 540/465 stage 3. Input??? Also both driver are about evenly matched an I didn't have a passenger an he did.

U need to get a pulley and a tune on that thing should wake it up big time!!

pdub

Established Member
there's no way he dyno'd 470 with just a midpipe/catback combo - with headers and a tune maybe

TXVNM

Established Member
Nice! Keep us updated!
What color combo do you have?

Your sig says 2004 cobra!?

I have a 2012 in Performance Pearl with Blue stripes an silver accents. Black leather with suede an blue stitching an the upgraded 20s.
An sold the cobra when I got divorced an just picked this up.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
I have a 2012 in Performance Pearl with Blue stripes an silver accents. Black leather with suede an blue stitching an the upgraded 20s.
An sold the cobra when I got divorced an just picked this up.

Nice...Premier Edition!

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Sounds like this dumbass I know that said his new Grand Sport Corvette came with 500hp...Argued with me for a while about it...lol...Tools are everywhere.

BPatterson

Established Member
You sir got hustled! Regardless of his dyno numbers, he ran dead nuts even with a s/c'ed Coyote, granted....a mild one, and said he only had an x pipe and a tune! Kudos to him for hustlin like a BOSS! Ha!

TXVNM

Established Member
Nah didn't really hustle just asked to join in in the fun. An we pulled over to chat an that's when he stated his mods.

RicerEater2012

Thread Destroyer
Established Member
Even if his car was full bolt on it hung with a similar car with a s/c. That to me is impressive, but you should have walked him unless somethings wrong with your car or he is hiding something big. Then again how's your tune?

I have a friend with an 08 GT with bolt on's and another friend with an 07 Roush charged GT and the 08 bolt on car stayed even with the s/c car. We had his tune checked and it was a bad tune. So that's why the bolt on car hung with him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread