Roush Phase 1 575 HP kit - prices?

Cobra 2997

Established Member
I've been debating between a centrifugal or TVS/Roush blower, and think I've decided to go with the Roush 575 HP kit on my 14 Mustang.

A local Ford dealer that just became Roush "certified" , has the kit on sale for $5899.00. They can install for an additional $1000.

Does this seem to be about the going price ? I usually do all my own work, but I have very little if any free time at this time of year.

Thanks

natedog_1959

Established Member
Roush sells it for $6099, so $5899 is a pretty good deal. $1000 seems a little steep, but if that allows you to retain your warranty, that is not a bad deal.

Nate

DetTigers

Established Member
American Muscle would be $5592 with a forum discount. Plus you would save several hundred in tax. $1000 is not a bad price for install. $900 is what Roush charges though.

I just saw you're from Ohio. Buy the kit from AM and drive to Roush and have them install it!

Last edited:

burke985

Established Member
I got a price of 5795.00 from a local roush dealer so price seems right. Install price is pretty good too from what ive seen ...go for it !!!

Cobra 2997

Established Member
American Muscle would be $5592 with a forum discount. Plus you would save several hundred in tax. $1000 is not a bad price for install. $900 is what Roush charges though.

I just saw you're from Ohio. Buy the kit from AM and drive to Roush and have them install it!

That's a great idea ! I just may go this route instead !

Code Vision

Established Member
Just curious, what made up your mind? I ultimately plan on doing a SC but since I already bought a boss mani, I figure I will go with a vortech or Paxton. I dunno, though. I'm kind of going based off of what I have already, because I don't know which kind suits my driving style. I'm pretty conservative, I just like to get on it from time to time.

Just wondering what went into your decision.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
OP I know which dealer you are talking about in lebanon, 1K isn't bad, my only concern, is the fact that they just became roush certified...I bet they haven't had anyone do any actual blower installs yet. I will be at their show this saturday though.

I would take it to Finish Line in Milford and see about them installing it long before the Ford dealer. Which I feel bad saying since I know the guy who pushed for them to get roush certified. I just am not for people over paying just to keep locals happy. Just dropped my car off at Finish Line today. Real friendly bunch.

Last edited:

Cobra 2997

Established Member
OP I know which dealer you are talking about in lebanon, 1K isn't bad, my only concern, is the fact that they just became roush certified...I bet they haven't had anyone do any actual blower installs yet. I will be at their show this saturday though.

I would take it to Finish Line in Milford and see about them installing it long before the Ford dealer. Which I feel bad saying since I know the guy who pushed for them to get roush certified. I just am not for people over paying just to keep locals happy. Just dropped my car off at Finish Line today. Real friendly bunch.

They've only installed 1 supercharger (last week) since they've become Roush certified, which does concern me a bit.

Finish Line would be a good idea, they are a half hour closer to me than Lebanon. What are you having them do ? Have you worked with them before?

The thought of leaving my car to have somebody other than me work on it, is what bothers me the most......I've seen far too many shop screw ups over the years.

-Scott

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
They've only installed 1 supercharger (last week) since they've become Roush certified, which does concern me a bit.

Finish Line would be a good idea, they are a half hour closer to me than Lebanon. What are you having them do ? Have you worked with them before?

The thought of leaving my car to have somebody other than me work on it, is what bothers me the most......I've seen far too many shop screw ups over the years.

-Scott

Yeah depends on how competent they are I guess. I've only let woody sanders ford touch my car so I am not sure how other dealers are. If they have guys like some of the other Ford dealerships in our area, no thanks to them touching my car! :rockon:

They are fixing my diff for me. I think I just over crushed the crush sleave due to a bad pinion angle and the pinion seal is busted. Won't know 100% until they look at it. Pinion bearing could be bad too. Regardless they are gonna replace what needs replace and reset it up for me. I'll be honest I haven't, but they do have some absolutely amazing cars they work on/race. Beefcakes blue car was there today in the shop. Was able to get a look at it in person. Gorgeous car. I have no idea what the cost would be for install, but I bet it will be done right based on beefcakes attitude towards CS.

I get ya on that. I had Pauls Automotive in Blue Ash install the gears originally and they did a great job. I personally would say do it yourself, but if you really don't have the time, finish line would be a good shop. Unlike many of the others around here. I've had shops refuse to give quotes, "it gets done when it is done." "even if that is 15 hours to install springs,shocks,struts and panhard bar?" "yes even if it takes 30 hours!" lol told that shop to go to hell. Some of the shops have cool guys, but Cincy Speed for example, regardless of how much they push to work on my car, won't ever touch it because they just IMHO don't have the background working on Fords. I felt like an enemy going their for Dyno runs!

bmyles

Established Member
That's where I was, I was looking at the phase 1 kit and install with the warranty from roush. I call a bunch of places around here and wasn't comfortable leaving my car with any of them for a major mod, so I said screw it and took my install money and bought the blower I wanted and put it on myself.

Users who are viewing this thread