Roush/FRPP Blower install complete

Dcrypter

Established Member
I just got back home from getting the Roush/FRPP blower installed last night. It was late and I'm still a little sick so I was pretty easy on it on the way home but I got into boost a few times none the less :) The guys over at Brenspeed in Dallas were a blast to deal with and I highly recommend them. Now on to the good stuff.

I had them do a quick dyno pull before they did anything and it was putting down 370/345(68.05 F, 29.43", 27%) which wasn't too bad. Not the happiest dyno but I wasn't really concerned about the numbers being a little low since they didn't have any fans blowing and it was like I said just one pull.

Post install the dyno gave me 549/484(64.99 F, 29.40", 22%) on the first pull and then 526/482 on the second. Obviously the lack of fan was hurting the second pull and very possibly hurt the first pull a little but the numbers were all solid enough to be performing properly so I didn't care. It was already late and I still had a 3 hour drive to houston ahead of me.

Overall gains of 180 HP and 140 ft-lbs were very satisfying for me :) I do have the dyno printout so you guys can see the curves that I will add on here soon and I have a good camera that I can use to get some engine bay shots as well. It might take me a little while though since I'm still trying to beat off this cold but I will get them posted.

*edit*

My initial thoughts/impressions:

Disclaimer: I have never had a supercharged car before so these are all from fresh eyes.

The car is every bit as drivable as before and I don't feel any sort of apprehension about increasing my horsepower by 50%. The car feels very capable of dealing with the increased hp/tq.

The nanny seems to kick in a lot more. I am going to do some testing but it seems like WOT=Nanny. I usually drive in sport mode so I am going to try track mode and all off to see the differences.

That blower whine is absolutely addicting... I may find myself muting the radio before I lay the hammer down.

Last edited:

nicksender

Established Member
I just got back home from getting the Roush/FRPP blower installed last night. It was late and I'm still a little sick so I was pretty easy on it on the way home but I got into boost a few times none the less :) The guys over at Brenspeed in Dallas were a blast to deal with and I highly recommend them. Now on to the good stuff.

I had them do a quick dyno pull before they did anything and it was putting down 370/345(68.05 F, 29.43", 27%) which wasn't too bad. Not the happiest dyno but I wasn't really concerned about the numbers being a little low since they didn't have any fans blowing and it was like I said just one pull.

Post install the dyno gave me 549/484(64.99 F, 29.40", 22%) on the first pull and then 526/482 on the second. Obviously the lack of fan was hurting the second pull and very possibly hurt the first pull a little but the numbers were all solid enough to be performing properly so I didn't care. It was already late and I still had a 3 hour drive to houston ahead of me.

Overall gains of 180 HP and 140 ft-lbs were very satisfying for me :) I do have the dyno printout so you guys can see the curves that I will add on here soon and I have a good camera that I can use to get some engine bay shots as well. It might take me a little while though since I'm still trying to beat off this cold but I will get them posted.

Wow, sounds like you had some nice gains.

Was this a base kit with the Roush tune and what Psi was this at? Do they still have to drill the block for brackets like on the 2011-2014?

Also; why would they not have the fan running during the dyno?

Congrats and good luck putting the power down!

Dcrypter

Established Member
Wow, sounds like you had some nice gains.

Was this a base kit with the Roush tune and what Psi was this at? Do they still have to drill the block for brackets like on the 2011-2014?

Also; why would they not have the fan running during the dyno?

Congrats and good luck putting the power down!

Thanks!

Yes, it is the stage 1 kit with Roush tune. I don't know what psi for sure but I assume 8 or 9 since it's a slightly ported version of the 11-14. The old 624 was at 9 so I imagine this 627 would be 9 or less. He did still have to do some grinding on the timing cover but that's all he mentioned.

As far as the lack of fan goes it was just getting late. I had a three hour drive ahead of me and both my girlfriend and I are sick at the moment so we wanted to get home. I know it will go on a dyno again soon enough so the couple hp I might not have seen this weekend will just be found then.

Dcrypter

Established Member
Here is a quick engine shot. Sorry I haven't had time to break out my real camera.

So far I'm loving it. The Roush tune feels pretty good. The only frame of reference I have is the stock tune without the blower but in track mode it feels good.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423589327296.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423589327296.jpg
    930.7 KB · Views: 627

Burningcoals

Where are all the 2015 GT Roush/Ford Racing Supercharger posts? Seems like this would be a popular supercharger, however, no numbers other then dyno, no 1/4, and long term feedback.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
Where are all the 2015 GT Roush/Ford Racing Supercharger posts? Seems like this would be a popular supercharger, however, no numbers other then dyno, no 1/4, and long term feedback.

Same here. I started a thread over it. Don't you think Roush would be touting it?

Not calling out the charger but is the reality that the car can't handle the power in stock form? Does it need corresponding mods making it necessary to spend another few grand? I am hoping this is not the case. Let's get some numbers somebody. Even the Track Apps would do for now. Anything.:(

Last edited:

Dcrypter

Established Member
I won't end up at the track with it for a little while, I have pretty bad wheel hop on the p zeros so I'm not going to waste my time until I get some better rubber. I'll see if I can get some track app numbers for you guys at least though.

Users who are viewing this thread