Roush Charger?

91GT

Established Member
I am doing some research for a friend of mine that is looking into putting one of these on a 06 GT. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these blowers and how they perform?

The guy works for a Ford dealership and for a number of reasons all parts put on it must be FRPP. This reason and retaining the factory warranty are the important factors in its selection even though I understand there are a number of better options.

The car currently has the FRPP drag pack that includes headers, cat back, TB, 4:10's etc. Any idea of what type of power can be expected?

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for your time.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
My Gf Put A Roushcharger In Her 06gt Vert. She Had The Car Dyno'd With Just Axel Backs Everything Else Stock and She Put Down 268rwhp/280rwtq. One Week After She Put In The Roushcharger She Had it Re-dynoed On The Same Dyno Jet And Put Down 362rwhp/340rwtq. Thats A Gain Of 94rwhp And 60rwtq. It Showed 3 1/2psi On Stock Pulley. Roush Also Offers A Pulley(1 1/2psi) Upgrade Which Dose Not Void The Warrenty. Ive Driven This Car In Stock Form And With The Super Charger...its A Whole New Car. Let's Put It This Way She's Ruined A Few Ego's With This Set-up. And Is Very Competetive With My 03 Cobra From 0-100mph.

Last edited:

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
swoosh_stang said:
I personally can't understand why someone would buy a supercharger that cost more money and is less efficient than the two twin screw superchargers. But if the warantee is that important then go for it.

Here's a couple of links to threads about the roush supercharger.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395565&highlight=roush+charger
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=385698&highlight=roush+charger

01 GT GIRL...OWNS THE CAR IN THESE THREADS . GOOD LUCK! AND THE WARRENTY WAS THE DECIDING FACTOR IN THE PURCHASE OF THE ROUSHCHARGER SO FAR THIS SET-UP HAS NOT DISPOINTED IN ANY WAY.

millerc73

Established Member
My buddy with a Roush blown Mustang got tired of me beating his but day in and day out, so he got rid of it..................................and bought a 08 GT 500.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
millerc73 said:
My buddy with a Roush blown Mustang got tired of me beating his but day in and day out, so he got rid of it..................................and bought a 08 GT 500.

LOOKS LIKE HE'S STILL GETTIN BEAT IN STOCK FORM!!:cuss:

91GT

Established Member
Thanks alot for the input guys. I will pass on the information, I think it looks like he is going to do it.

03 Muscle: Mind if I send you a PM with a few questions?
Thanks

RodeoFlyer

Established Member
The Roush is expensive and is the least efficient by far.

Virtually all of the supercharger companies now offer a 3yr/36000 mile warranty.

Whipple/FRPP - warranty honored by Ford if dealer installed
Vortech/Paxton - available if installed by authorized installer
Magnacharger (yuck) - available
Saleen - 2yr/24000 available

I can't remember off-hand for sure about Pro-charger but wanna say they do as well

Don't know at all about KB

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
RodeoFlyer said:

Virtually all of the supercharger companies now offer a 3yr/36000 mile warranty.

I can't remember off-hand for sure about Pro-charger but wanna say they do as well

Thats true its all about personal preferance.

91GT

Established Member
RodeoFlyer said:

Is the Whipple warranty by Whipple for just the blower its self, or is it for the motor as well. I wasn't aware about this before, I thought that the motor warranty was a Roush only thing.

Very interesting

RodeoFlyer

Established Member
yes the Whipple 400hp (@360 at the wheels) kit is covered by Ford under your normal powertrain warranty - not just the blower; the whole enchilada as if it were stock.

This does require that it be installed at the dealer with their specific flash tune. It's close horsepower-wise to the Roush but in design is a more efficient blower. IMO it is a much prettier install under the hood than the Roush. I don't care for the big long intake tube swept across the engine bay -but that's just me. You have better options for future upgrades as well.

In the beginning the Roush was okay for warranty-weary people - albeit extremely overpriced. The market caught on and is in a position to take away the narrow margin Roush had. I would love to see them slash the pricing to compete. Hell for 3 grand i'd buy one LOL.

JoePac

Established Member
Hey what gives you the extra 30hp's and 33lbs of trq? Is it just a pulley swap?

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
JoePac said:
Hey what gives you the extra 30hp's and 33lbs of trq? Is it just a pulley swap?

THATS RIGHT ROUSH IS OFFERING A PULLEY AND PCM RE-CALIBRATION EQUALING AN EXTRA 30HP/33TQ AND YOUR WARRENTY IS STILL VALID!:banana:

JoePac

Established Member
My friend has a roushcharger, and is in the market for a hp upgrade. How much p.s.i is this thing pushing, and should he get this are, go to blow by racing, or puals performance to get it. He doesn't care about warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread