Roush 2.49" pulley?

yankeefan3

Established Member
I recently put on a roush m90 and I'm thinking about getting a smaller pulley already. The only thing holding me back is my stock internals. I currently have stage 2 comp cams, Mac long tubes, slp powerflo exhaust, tune, and of course the m90. I am not really sure how much more my stock engine can handle. Would I be okay with a smaller pulley?

Last edited:

debit_free_2010

Established Member
You'll be fine with the smaller pulley, with your mods, I'd guess you'd get 430RWHP with it on the M90. That blower simply turns into a heater when you spin it harder.

JimIII@jdm

With the mods you have you may max out the stock fuel pump so be careful and check it on a dyno. I would consider this package we offer which includes the 2.49" upper, required 90mm idler, colder plugs pre gapped to .030", and a Roush specific cold air kit! It also comes with our SCT X3 programmer and custom tune. If you already have a tuner and just need an email file you can deduct $175 from the kit This kit is very popular with the Roush M90, we have sold hundreds over the years and its a proven setup. If you want a good fuel pump upgrade use the GT500 Ford Racing Fuel system

yankeefan3

Established Member
A set of colder plugs did come with the kit, and I installed them about a week ago. Would I need colder ones than those? And I have already purchased and installed the roush cold air kit. Another thing I forgot to mention was that this blower is off a 2008 427R so it does have the press-on style pulley. From what I have been reading this model supercharger puts out 435 not 415 like the older ones.

JimIII@jdm

A set of colder plugs did come with the kit, and I installed them about a week ago. Would I need colder ones than those? And I have already purchased and installed the roush cold air kit. Another thing I forgot to mention was that this blower is off a 2008 427R so it does have the press-on style pulley. From what I have been reading this model supercharger puts out 435 not 415 like the older ones.

If the plugs were the autolite HTO's or the Ford Racing 0 degree plugs yes you should be fine but I would gap them to .030". The Roush air kit works fine as well but the MAF sensor sits in a 85mm housing tube with that kit where ours uses a 90mm. That will give the sensor more range before reaching its max of 5 volts. You can datalog with the SCT programmer and check to see where you stand with that. The Press on pulley is available as well just mention when ordering. The 435 rating is at the engine, with all your mods I would expect you between 430-450 at the tires however. Thats why I suggest the fuel pump upgrade because you really max the stock pump around 420 RWHP.

Call me at 732-780-0770 when you get a chance, would love to help you with this.

JimIII

Users who are viewing this thread