Rotors

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Do you do any type of racing? Autocross, road course, back road high speed?

If any of these apply i recommend DBA, Giro, baer rotors. And you choice of pads. I personally had good experience with Hawk 5.0 and HPS with street and track.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I went Stop Tech drilled & slotted. They make correct sizes for a 13-14. I got them online and they were under $500 shipped. Very happy with the quality and look.

Tom

While we are in that area, did you retain the OEM brake pads or...?
Thanks

Rex03SVT

Established Member
Do you do any type of racing? Autocross, road course, back road high speed?

If any of these apply i recommend DBA, Giro, baer rotors. And you choice of pads. I personally had good experience with Hawk 5.0 and HPS with street and track.

I don’t race it, so I’m not really looking to spend the $1500+ on a set of rotors/pads right away. Thank you though, I’ll do the research on those you recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Rex03SVT

Established Member
I went Stop Tech drilled & slotted. They make correct sizes for a 13-14. I got them online and they were under $500 shipped. Very happy with the quality and look.

Tom

Awesome, those are the ones I was looking at because of the good price, just wasn’t sure how they performed considering they’re about $3-400 cheaper than the others.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
While we are in that area, did you retain the OEM brake pads or...?
Thanks

I did Carbotech matching ceramic pads front and rear to reduce dust. This combo was NOT as good on a road course as the OEM rotors and pads. I went this route strictly for the looks of the rotors and less dust from pads.

Tom

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks Tom.....good enough for us "street cars" though?
I did Carbotech matching ceramic pads front and rear to reduce dust. This combo was NOT as good on a road course as the OEM rotors and pads. I went this route strictly for the looks of the rotors and less dust from pads.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Thanks Tom.....good enough for us "street cars" though?

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Definitely street friendly and adequate. I tried them on a road course and they didn't bite as well as the OEM rotors and pads. I run them on the street now and very happy with them.

Tom

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member

Tom

Sounds like more of a function of the pads vs rotors themselves? I know Centric/Stoptech makes variants with high carbon and or cryo treatment, not sure what that would do outside of longevity.

Where did you pick up the rotors?

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Sounds like more of a function of the pads vs rotors themselves? I know Centric/Stoptech makes variants with high carbon and or cryo treatment, not sure what that would do outside of longevity.

Where did you pick up the rotors?

It is probably more the pads than the rotors. Although, I would never run these rotors in a hard track environment.

I actually found the correct part numbers and just did a google search for them. I believe the lowest price was a foreign car hot rod shop. I figured what the heck and they were at my door in a couple of weeks.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread