Roofing insurance question.. the floodgates of hell attacked my house!

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
We have had some really bad weather here in the past couple weeks and the other morning I was wandering through the house at 4:30 AM and heard splash splash splash from the basement area... Low and behold the roof was leaking Eep!

After I got done panicking and crying softly to myself I called the insurance company and told them what was going on and they are sending an assessor out on Tuesday to check things out.

I did notice there were a few shingles missing and that it appears a lot of them have been "lifted up" I am assuming this is what is causing the roof to let the flood waters of heaven in.

Has anyone else had any experience on what I should be expecting from this process? Are there things I should be doing to make it easier for myself to go through with the claim? I do have a $750 deductible which I would imagine comes off the top of any monies from the insurance company. That was what happened when I hit a deer back in March and totaled my car...

What a year for "acts of nature"

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
i'm going through this right now zach. it's been pretty painless so far. the insurance adjuster came out, did an inspection, and a couple of day later i got the written assessment in the mail. yes, the deductable comes off the top. mine is only 250.
right now i am literally waiting on the roofing companies estimator to come over and give me his proposal. i hope he comes in under what the insurance has estimated. these guys are the best here in town and i hope to use them. if not, i guess i'll get some more estimates from other companies.
i have never been through this either and hope everything goes smoothly as it seems to be so far.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
It should be a fairly easy ride...just don't take a reduced settlement if it's under what you think it should be.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
i'm going through this right now zach. it's been pretty painless so far. the insurance adjuster came out, did an inspection, and a couple of day later i got the written assessment in the mail. yes, the deductable comes off the top. mine is only 250.
right now i am literally waiting on the roofing companies estimator to come over and give me his proposal. i hope he comes in under what the insurance has estimated. these guys are the best here in town and i hope to use them. if not, i guess i'll get some more estimates from other companies.
i have never been through this either and hope everything goes smoothly as it seems to be so far.

Good luck with yours!

Lowflynv, what do you mean?

Users who are viewing this thread