Romeo to close...

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
So much history there and I was very impressed with every employee we met at the Niche tour.
No doubt they’ll move the Niche line somewhere local but still sad/surprising.
As one guy said, why not move some production up from Mexico?
-J

SlowShelby_TX

Established Member
Since I cannot personally reconcile why unions are unable to see that their arguments for better pay and benefits is actually detrimental to the cause, I am left to assume it is for the own personal greed and existence. That is quite a shame IMO. They served a purpose at a time. It is not that way anymore. Uneducated factory line workers making double what we pay educators to instruct our children is ridiculous. Supply and demand...let the market work it out.

Coosawjack

Established Member
I have back in the 60's in Textiles.........so why do you believe I wasn't??

They may have served their purpose years ago but NOT now!!

kilomikebravo

Established Member
Just be thankful you're not one of the Romeo employees who may have to move their families or, lose their job.

Being a company man though, you wouldn't understand that.

kilomikebravo

Established Member
And that makes it alright?

Wanna bet they won't all start at the same pay rate and that all of them won't get acceptable positions?

Obviously, you couldn't care less about the employees.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Having spent almost 20 years in a " union " manned co., I noticed when things went badly, it was the salaried work force that was showed the door 1st.
This co. was being purchased by a " larger fish ", the sale being final @ the end of 2008......A buy-out was offered & they got less people to accept it than planned.
Salaried layoffs started before I left in Oct. of that year, & started again in Jan. 09 after the sale...... No union jobs were affected for quite some time..
gettyimages-50807151-1024x1024-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread