Romeo Closed

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
The home of Ford's modern V8's has closed. Unfortunate times ahead, perhaps.

"In late 2019, the Ford Romeo Engine plant in Michigan was slated to be closed as part of a labor agreement with the United Auto Workers union, though the latter lobbied to keep the plant open for a bit longer. Regardless, the automaker also moved some of that facility’s employees to the Ford Van Dyke Transmission plant as it converted that facility to the Van Dyke Electric Powertrain Center, which now produces electric motors and transaxles..."

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Closing things down is progress.
Well, it's an end of an era. Only the future will be able to judge if any real progress has been made.

If it wasn't for bad corporate decisions the employees wouldn't have much to do.

Last edited:

LS WUT

Established Member
Maybe I’m just illiterate. Which could be. Isn’t this a bad thing they’re closing down the plant where our motors are being made?

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Essex was expanded to handle the extra capacity. This has been planned for awhile.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
What a disgrace! The amount of hp that was built there, was legendary! The push to electric is the dumbest thing I have ever witnessed.

Glad I have mine.
20221231_210916.jpeg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
More sad news as we transition from the honorable ICE to the EV. Every year forward is going to hurt a bit more unfortunately. The real pain comes when petroleum products are ultimately banned nationwide (meaning gasoline no longer being available), barring a miracle reversal. :mad:

shurur

Established Member
More sad news as we transition from the honorable ICE to the EV. Every year forward is going to hurt a bit more unfortunately. The real pain comes when petroleum products are ultimately banned nationwide (meaning gasoline no longer being available), barring a miracle reversal. :mad:
Meanwhile the rainforest is being destroyed for nickel mining and more electricity will need to be generated somehow..what a fing mess.

No nukes!....???

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Where is the Raptor R engine produced? Is it even a niche build anymore? I haven't seen any builder nameplates on the pictures I've seen.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread