Rolled fender guys, post pics and how too's

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
I'm rolling my fenders soon here, looking for the easiest way without cosmetic damage.

I'm thinking of notching the inner lip every 1.5 inches and folding the metal in

Post pics and ideas how too's if you guys would

Thanks

1raw93svt

Established Member
use a heat gun and make sure the inner quarter panel is really hot take it slow and do lil by lil!! heat heat heat is all i can say!

TerminatorSVT03

Established Member
Make sure you get the tool! Makes things 10x easier ! And try to warm up the the part your trying to roll not to hot either ! Just warm it. And take it slow ! I can't emphasize that enough if you go to fast you'll crack your paint. Good luck!

TClark22

Established Member
had a local shop do it for me with the fender rolling tool and a heat gun...no realy up close pictures of the roll themselves because it looks the same in every point of view on the car unless you get in the wheel well

KevinE

Established Member
I would recommend notching the inner fender "lip" at every spot weld to allow for the fender lip to fold easily. Use a heatgun and the Eastwood fender roller and you'll be good. If not, you'll be battling those spot welds to try and roll them as flush as the un-welded portions....which will then create waves in the exterior fender.

makevelie187

Established Member
I don't have any pics but to fit 295s on my 350z i took a small hand held ( something you could cut an exhaust pipe with) "Disk Grinder" and actually grinded away my fender from the inside with the wheel off of course. Then took a filer and filed it down smoothening out the inside where it was corse, then sand paper, then took some black paint (my car is black) with a small paint bush and painted the inside where the bare fender was exposed from grinding it away. about 30 minutes per fender and looks cleaner than anything iv ever seen. It actually looks like it came from the factory how i have it.

t01lightning

Established Member
Good luck man car is going to look awesome, get the tool or find a shop to do it, without it it cracks the paint especially when your running a big tire.

ninety5fiveoh

DHG FTW!
Established Member
so the Eastwood fender roller works that well huh?

It works excellent! I just bought one and use it to do my fenders. SLOW SLOW SLOW is the key!

PM me if you are interested in renting mine. I'm in CT so shipping would be that costly either. There is a thread in both the Mid-Atlantic and New England sections with my rental thread with the details. :beer:

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
My budd who is a painter by trade helped me roll mine. He didn't worry about the paint cause he just went back and painted for me (just he inner lip started cracking paint) and it turned out great!

candyroush

Established Member
Ive done a ton of them. You have to be careful not to crack the paint (which can be difficult) and careful not to wrap the quarter
DSC00634.jpg

DSC00633.jpg

DSC00635.jpg

DSC00632.jpg

DSC00628.jpg

DSC00389.jpg

DSC00392.jpg

Last edited:

Rick88LX

Established Member
I've done four foxbodies so far and three of them with an Eastwood roller.

As earlier stated, a bit of heat will help with potential cracking...but isn't a guarantee that it won't happen.

One other thing that worked for me was minute angle changes of the roller and gradually rolling the lip to your desired flatness. Don't rush it. Patience is your friend.

Users who are viewing this thread