Roll bar or cage

sleek98

Established Member
Who has one?

how many points and what did it cost?

I ran a 10.1 at 137 on my shakedown pass, didn’t go over 80% throttle til 3rd. Next run the lsd gave out.

I’m guessing it will go 9.7-9.8 at low
140 when I put the higher tune in it and get the 60’ dialed in.

Looks like I need a 8 point to be legal, but I think the track will let me go with a 6 point.

Does anyone use the rpm 8 point around the dash cage?

PM-Performance

Established Member
Honestly, if its not an NHRA track, they likely wont even hassle you for it. Now cars are going this from the factory so things have gotten more lenient.
If it were me and I was really hard pressed to have something else they wouldn't let me run, I would do a 6 pt with swingouts if you drive it on the street. Else its a pain in the ass.

Even with my track being strict due to being an NHRA track, if you have a newer car, they don't really start hassling you about a cage until you start ripping off lower half of 9's. I have friends that have gone into the mid 8's until they started yelling at them about cages

sleek98

Established Member
Honestly, if its not an NHRA track, they likely wont even hassle you for it. Now cars are going this from the factory so things have gotten more lenient.
If it were me and I was really hard pressed to have something else they wouldn't let me run, I would do a 6 pt with swingouts if you drive it on the street. Else its a pain in the ass.

Even with my track being strict due to being an NHRA track, if you have a newer car, they don't really start hassling you about a cage until you start ripping off lower half of 9's. I have friends that have gone into the mid 8's until they started yelling at them about cages

There is a brand new track opening this summer thats 10 mins from my house. I guess we will wait and see if they kick me off. Otherwise I will just run until the shut me down. the other track was checking for a cage with a 137 trap before they would give me my slip.

69b302

Established Member
I have the 6 point Wolf Racecraft with removable door bars. A bar will only get you to 10.0/135 mph, and equipment required for 9.99/+135mph really makes the car un-streetable IMO. I still get the boot, as no license, no cage, no etc.., even when my car is 100% for 10.0/<135). I would go and see what they say, as if they are strict, you might decide to not even bother. It is an insurance/liability issue for the tracks, if they let people routinely break safety regulations.

sleek98

Established Member
With my car being a 2012 and the abs/airbags working. I am good to 10.0/135 with nothing, I do have an SFI balancer. I do wonder if they would let me run mid 9s with just a bar though.

Seems like the more I think about it, its either full cage and a laundry list of other stuff (I am guessing they really only care about the cage) or just get kicked out. I am leaning more towards seeing how long I can go before they tell me im not welcome back.

Fast Ford

Established Member
sleek98, I have a new Wolf Racecraft 6pt bolt-in with low slung swing-outs on both sides listed in the interior section. $1000.00

sleek98

Established Member
Thanks for the offer. If I do decide to go with a bar I would have a local guy bend everything so it’s as tight of a fit as possible.

I did notice last night when I was driving the car that my head almost touches the roof, maybe an inch or so. Never realized how tight it was.

sleek98

Established Member
I've heard the new track at I70 Speedway is going to be a NHRA sanctioned track. I guess we will see how lenient they are going to be.

Hi neighbor. It’s the same owner as Topeka so they will likely be a one and done run if they bring over the same track manager.

GOATMAN51

At KCIR in my GTO, I would let off a little before the traps, on my last pass of the night it was hammer time. No one ever said anything the next week. Are you in Blue Springs? I'm off Noland Rd, not far from the old KCIR.

sleek98

Established Member
At KCIR in my GTO, I would let off a little before the traps, on my last pass of the night it was hammer time. No one ever said anything the next week. Are you in Blue Springs? I'm off Noland Rd, not far from the old KCIR.

Yeah I live in blue springs, close to south high school.

Users who are viewing this thread