Rolex 24

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Been an interesting race for the first 4hrs...a few wrecks and some tire problems...gonna get cold there tonight should make things "sporty"

Now if we could just see more racing and less interviews and feelgood stories id be happy

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A close friend of mine and his son went to the Rolex 24. He races, himself. I'm anxious to hear his comments. I only watched short segments of racing. I wasn't really into watching that later racing due to the extreme cold and I expected the would have a big effect on the racing.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I went once and it's cool to walk around and see but spending the whole 24 hours isn't for me. Maybe if I could park in RV on the infield and have a tv to know what's going on at more than the couple corners right in your face. Then you could also talk to whoever you're with vs shouting at the top of your damn lungs the whole time.

I stayed up and watched some of it from around 10:30-12:30 sat night and then the last two hours or so. I've always liked watching the night portion

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Some AMAZING racing, and a pair of 911's racing VERY VERY hard for the last few laps for the win!

Helio backing up his Indy 500 victory with a 24? Not bad for a 46 year old racer.

scott_0

Established Member
lol I love that the Porsches were warned to back off on the aggressive racing, not 10 minutes later, they’re banging on the final lap, very intense!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the Porsche racing was great, race control needed to STFU lol

would have been cool to see Wayne Taylor's crew get another win.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Jesus! Do they even advertise this crap anymore? I guess I need to find it on replay. This is what happens when you cut the cord I guess.

scott_0

Established Member
Jesus! Do they even advertise this crap anymore? I guess I need to find it on replay. This is what happens when you cut the cord I guess.

Sebring is in March, I forget the date, we’ll remind you lol

On another note, I haven’t been paying a lot of attention the last couple years, what’s going on with the Corvette team? think they had a single entry and it was middle of pack at best…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I didn't even know this was on.

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
Pretty much all racing is on ESPN these days, except NASCAR. The Clash at the Coliseum is this Sunday. A 1/4 mile track inside the coliseum. Should be good.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I went.

It was dope, and relatively inexpensive. But holy ****, it was cold.

I ran into a guy in the lobby who was Ben Keatings spotter in the 52 car. I bumped into him a few hours before the race at the track and talked with him for a long ass time. Ben was out signing autographs and I wasn't about to wait in line to talk to him, but I got a lot of insight from his spotter.

Those 2 porsches were on each other the entire time, crazy how close it ended up being on the last lap. I was hoping the red one would come out on top, and it did.

My buddy who paints helmets was there, he has some pretty big names, Pato O'Ward is one of them so we were sort of rooting for him, but also rooting for Ben Keatings cars in DPi and P2.

Will probably go again, Ford is going to field a Mustang GT3 car in 2024!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I went.

I ran into a guy in the lobby who was Ben Keatings spotter in the 52 car. I bumped into him a few hours before the race at the track and talked with him for a long ass time. Ben was out signing autographs and I wasn't about to wait in line to talk to him, but I got a lot of insight from his spotter.

Those 2 porsches were on each other the entire time, crazy how close it ended up being on the last lap. I was hoping the red one would come out on top, and it did.

My buddy who paints helmets was there, he has some pretty big names, Pato O'Ward is one of them so we were sort of rooting for him, but also rooting for Ben Keatings cars in DPi and P2.

Ben is a great dude, and a phenomenal driver. I'd venture to guess he's on par with other pros, even being more of a gentleman's racer.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, Austin, I heard it was very cold. 30s? That must have been interesting for the teams since the track would be so cold.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yeah, Austin, I heard it was very cold. 30s? That must have been interesting for the teams since the track would be so cold.
Yeah, it was kind of a slap in the face to be honest. I'm used to much colder temps, so I didn't plan accordingly.

When we got there at 9a or whatever on Saturday the wind was blowing pretty damn hard and I immediately knew it was going to suck ass. I ended up buying a pair of gloves at the race store because holding a beer in cold wind was shitty lol.

We left for a bit around 4 or so, there was a pizza place that a lot of people say is about as close as you can get to a proper NY pizza (Pete's Pizza, it was very good) and after that swung by walmart to buy some more clothes before going back.

As the sun went down the wind slowed which made it a bit better but there was a light breeze and the humidity just cut straight through. I put my poncho on to help cut the wind and it did help but after a while we were both exhausted and went back to the hotel.

The next day we ended moving further towards the center of the stands at the tri-oval. I found out quickly the stands reflect a ton of heat, so we were actually too hot and started stripping layers for the last 3 hours and got a sunburn lol.

blk02edge

Established Member
I went.

The red Pfaff car was the one my buddy drove at their debut to IMSA in the 24. Amazing how they've come along but Pfaff is an incredibly dominant team.

Kevins89notch

Established Member

I don't recall actual numbers, but like 2 days out they were saying a low of 30, high of 42. I ordered a cheap $4 pair of 8 hour hand warmers. Basic jeans, tshirt, hoodie, Carhart jacket, some thin do little gloves but with hand warmers inside them, and I was overall fine. In the infield, people had fires going all over the place. It was cold, but luckily dry, unlike 2019 or so. That year is was cold and raining. That sucked!

Users who are viewing this thread