Rockies Run

PlatoSVT

Established Member
Hey all, I'm arranging a run through the mountains on June 20th. So far I've only arranged and invited this for the CEG guys, but now that I have it all set up (for the majority) I'm going to extend the invite. I'm going to post this in the SVT C, SVT F, and SHO forums. THe main post will be on the Contour.org Southwest forums, so try and post there, but I will check here every so often.

Route: The run will start at Bandimere Speedway, go north on C-470, west I-70, then take US-40 (this is where it starts getting perty and fun), contine on that past Fraser and Grand Lake into Rocky Mountain National Park and onto Trail Ridge Road(the highest continuous road in the US, and some beautiful scenery/photo ops). We'll then take Estes Park down to Black Hawk (Peak to Peak as some call it, more lovely curvy roads)

Details: All in all, it will have lots of curves, lots of straights (that's mainly US -40 between Winter park and Granby) and will take about 5 hours. I haven't decided on a meet time, but we will be having lunch in Grand Lake if I can find a place big enough in the small town to handle us. The admission into RMNP is 15 bux for one week (minimum per person) but I think I can get a group rate for just 5 bux each. Again, the cars we are trying to get are Contiques, Foci and SHO's, (don't have to be SVT's) so if you know anyone, spread the word. I don't want to go over 20 cars, but if we do, i'm not going to say no to anyone. Allright! Start giving me some feedback/interest on this! Can't wait to get up there, even if it's just a few cars, it'll be a blast! - Chris

And if you guys have a better site for me to post this, or for you to discuss it there, feel free to post this or tell me and I'll post it on whatever forum.

PlatoSVT

Established Member
No problem, just a light little day cruise, I'm not really making a big event out of it. Maybe next year tho:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread