Robin swings both ways

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
typical religious nut job thinking. I believe in the bible so you MUST believe in the bible or I will make you live by it anyway. Keep your religion to yourself and quit trying to foist if off on those who don't believe like you do.

Typical RDJ, acting like some sort of religious authority who has to keep the others in check lol. I don't care what you think or believe and I never have because you've always been bitter and I wrote you off years ago. It's clear some others agreed with my statement so why should I care what you have to say? It is my opinion and I will share my opinion as I damn well please within the rules of this board. Go back to the hole you crawl out of every 6mo to shit post on other members. It's always much more peaceful when you keep your bitter ass opinions to yourself.

Edit: Since no one else seems to like what you have to say, I'll go do you a favor and like your post so you can feel relevant again.

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
RDJ came across as a cringey reddit fedora atheist in his post, but I did like his point about making interesting new characters to represent different groups instead of just rewriting the history of an established superhero. At the end of the day, though, I can't really be bothered to care. Comic books are infantile, escapist power fantasies to begin with. I guess we shouldn't be surprised that fringe groups/social outcast types gravitate to the medium. I certainly did as a kid, for those same reasons.

What's really weird to me, though, is this funky cultural paradigm shift, in which traditional outcasts - nerds, LGBT, etc. - have the support of every major corporation, political power, and acceptance of the general populace, yet still act as if they're underdogs.

DC rebooted their whole line with "New Frontier" earlier this year. The introductory issue has short stories about all of the DC Universe characters, and the original Green Lantern came out as gay. Living a triple life as a regular dude/secret superhero/secret homeaux in the 1940s could be an interesting story, but I don't really feel like spending the cash to read it. I'd hate to get invested in a story only to find out that it's yet another cynical cash grab with surface level pandering. Half the shit I see geared towards minority groups would straight-up offend me if I was in the target group.

Last edited:

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
What's really weird to me, though, is this funky cultural paradigm shift, in which traditional outcasts - nerds, LGBT, etc. - have the support of every major corporation, political power, and acceptance of the general populace, yet still act as if they're underdogs.

Exactly. I've begun to wonder what it will take to make them feel accepted. That's what they claim they want, right? The vast majority (us) to recognize they exist and have feelings...? The conclusion I've reached is that there's a disconnect in what we (the majority, straight people) consider acceptance and what they (LGBTQ) consider acceptance. Straight people don't need or want entire months dedicated to them, parades, a special flag...etc. We recognize the freedom to do whatever the hell we want in our private lives as acceptance. It's nobody else's business; do what you choose. I think that's why many of us find the big push recently to be extra annoying. Keep your business to yourself and quit advertising it. You're proud. Good. Great. Grand. I'm happy for you. Move it along.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
The alphabet brigade already has The Ambiguously Gay Duo!!! Why **** with Batman???

ace.gif

MG0h3

Established Member
RDJ came across as a cringey reddit fedora atheist in his post, but I did like his point about making interesting new characters to represent different groups instead of just rewriting the history of an established superhero. At the end of the day, though, I can't really be bothered to care. Comic books are infantile, escapist power fantasies to begin with. I guess we shouldn't be surprised that fringe groups/social outcast types gravitate to the medium. I certainly did as a kid, for those same reasons.

DC rebooted their whole line with "New Frontier" earlier this year. The introductory issue has short stories about all of the DC Universe characters, and the original Green Lantern came out as gay. Living a triple life as a regular dude/secret superhero/secret homeaux in the 1940s could be an interesting story, but I don't really feel like spending the cash to read it. I'd hate to get invested in a story only to find out that it's yet another cynical cash grab with surface level pandering. Half the shit I see geared towards minority groups would straight-up offend me if I was in the target group.

That’s just it…the target groups are too stupid to realize what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
We used to have a male cross dresser at work who drove a Smart car. He was a fairly beefy dude too. Well north of 6-feet tall, dark stubble...clearly a man. Called himself Darlene when in drag.

rborden

Established Member
Can’t say I am surprised in the least. No cable, satellite or subscription streaming services here at my place. There will not be a dime spent on this trash. No movie tickets.

Hollywood and professional sports are dead.

Time is best spent in nature enjoying what few things are left in the world that remain unmolested by liberal stupidity and retardation.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Look, just because a guy wears tights, a cape, a colorful costume, and names himself after a bird does not mean he’s ...

... huh. Now that I see it written out, I believe I see the flaw in my argument.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

openaccount

Established Member
Personally, as a child, I know when I read comic books or watched superhero shows my first thought was always....I wonder who they ****ing?!?

O wait....no, I never wondered that. Who cares about these fake characters sexual orientation...why is this even a thing!?

Users who are viewing this thread