Road Report - DC Metro area

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Just made it home...here's the report

Except for the heavy, slow traffic, the highways are pretty good, especially if it's changed over to rain already. Secondary roads are OK if they've been plowed, and passable if they've been treated. I made it all the way to my neighborhood without using 4WD (NO, in my Tahoe not my Cobra, Dale!), but definitely needed if for the last 300 yards. I only lost traction - unintentionally, that is - a couple of times but was never out of control. I did lose traction intentionally a bunch of times - WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!

It did briefly change over to rain here in upper Montgomery, but now it's gone back to snow and WOW is it slippery again. My advice is to wait until it's all rain, 'cuz the new snow on top of the slushy mess is pretty treacherous.

Hope none of you are driving a high-powered, rear-wheel drive car with really wide tires home tonight!! :rolling::rolling::rolling::burnout:

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Speaking of 4x4's, I did see a 4WD Explorer wrapped around a tree here in Germantown, and they had just finished cutting the lady out of it.

So BE CAREFUL out there. Get home safe, MACA!

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
Ive got the Mystique today which is awesome in the snow btw BUT I dropped my friggin Blackberry at my girl's job when I was dropping her off and helping her with her bags. So I make it back to my work which isnt very far and realize "my Fu&^ing phone is missing!!!!!!" So I went back with my boss' phone to call it and listen for it and to my dismay when im pulling back into the lot a fu*&ing snow plow had just gone passed where my girl's car is parked!!!!!! So I start calling my phone and I hear my ringer 75feet away!!!! Fu*&!!!! So the happy ending here is that after digging through a pile of freshly plowed snow I found my goddamn Balckberry. FU^* snow,The end.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
My POS is sitting in my parking spot.

My buddy AJ saw THREE COBRAS on the side of the road coming from Chantilly. Hope it wasn't any of my MACA boys!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Still at work and its going back and forth from rain to sleet. I drove off base at lunch time and saw a tree had t-boned a ford ranger in the median going up a hill. The tree was right in the drivers door too, but the dude was ok. Jeep had no problems, only slipping once or twice when I hit the gas too hard. Had it in 4wd just in case.

Can't imagine my drive home if I only had the mustang. I'm not sure if I could have made it with all the hills and backroad I take to work.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Unless I am stuck the truck doesn't need to go in 4wd ... you pansy MDers don't know what snow is. Where I went to college they wouldn't of even mentioned that it was going to snow today! Sometimes I wonder if I am back in NC again.

Last edited:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Ive been driving my cobra in the snow. theres about 1/2 to 1 inch on the ground and the roads are pretty crappy. Ive fishtailed numerous times on turns, the backroads are just a mess.

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
I was in York, PA when it started snowing around lunch time. The meetings didn't end until 3:00 and then I drove my Cobra back to Morgantown (about 1 hr 15 min). It was slippery but manageable until I got a few miles from home. Those great back road twisties in Morgantown were very slick. I am home and the car is filthy... but it is a daily driver. :coolman:

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
I'll be driving through these areas tomorrow. I appreciate the road reports. Shouldn't be any problem by then.

Users who are viewing this thread