Road race oil pan?

Quick Strike

Established Member
I like my Canton and windage tray, but some have sealing problems with them. It is part # 15-784 here. I am closing on four years with no leaks.

86Fbody

Established Member
It seems to be them or moroso, what sealing problems? I have heard some aftermarket trays don't exactly line up like the OEM piece.

Quick Strike

Established Member
It seems to be them or moroso, what sealing problems? I have heard some aftermarket trays don't exactly line up like the OEM piece.

The canton tray is full length and in my opinion better then the original tray. It does need some filing here and there to work correctly with the oil pick-up tube bracket and the block.

The sealing issues come from places where oil can sit on top of the tray and find a way to the outside of the block under crankcase pressure. Once the weak spot is breached, it only gets bigger. Having everything clean and free of oil, a stud kit to line up and assemble the pan and tray, and the engine being out and upside-down really helps sealing. I don't know if you could ever get it right trying to do it under the car with an oily engine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread