Road and Track ZL1 vs GT500

bull3441

Established Member
Finally, validation. I got kicked in the nuts for complaining about tire size on the GT500 being woefully inadequate. Ford had the opportunity to revise the floorpan/rear wheelwell to allow more tire (along with a commensurate increase up front) but stayed the course and got the gas mileage they wanted instead.

Can't have it all I guess...
Jamal did say they tried a larger combo and the stock size netted the best results. But I agree with you Tob. Still an amazing feet for the $.

bull3441

Established Member
Probably a stupid question but why do I keep hearing that Ford put the biggest rear tire they could on there when people are buying aftermarket wheels and putting much larger tires on the back?

Because for correct balance the front would need to be increased. Order a base car and buy a Griggs street kit and be done with it.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Same goes for the Z running 119.

These numbers were definitely corrected.
Yeah, that too.
Don't get me wrong, I think we'll see 128 mph trap speeds, maybe even faster, but in cold, dense air at sea level tracks, not testing on the straightaway of an unprepped road course in 74* weather.
:nonono:
S.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
People up the fronts too from what Ive seen..?:shrug:

My gut is telling me that coming in under the gg tax was a significant factor for the size selection. They know folks that really want maximum performance will just upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread