Rivian's slow death has commenced

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Don't confuse me with someone advocating EV's I hate them as much as anyone... but... your views are the same thing republicans has pre Biden about the left taking over..

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you should be ignorant about the reality.

You can scream about EV's and how stupid they are yet they are coming like it or not.
My views are the facts of what is happening. The facts will catch up to this charade and we will see what is coming like it or not. It may not be what you think.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Don't confuse me with someone advocating EV's I hate them as much as anyone... but... your views are the same thing republicans has pre Biden about the left taking over..

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you should be ignorant about the reality.

You can scream about EV's and how stupid they are yet they are coming like it or not.

Wasting your time, brotha.

My views are the facts of what is happening. The facts will catch up to this charade and we will see what is coming like it or not. It may not be what you think.

Told you! lmfao

blk02edge

Established Member
Your views are based on emotion, kind of like the left and genders...

I get it, I DETEST the EV and every damn thing they are and represent. But... hate to say it, emotions and yelling on the internet won't change the the tidal wave of leftist implementations that will be steam rolling them in full bore.

The entire planet is on this train, America is not and never will be an independent nation again, its likely the biggest driving force of this movement anyway...

Me and you, we are screwed.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
My Truck runs off lithium. I don't even have a battery up front. I'd say I have about 2k in Lithium now with a 112ah bank of headway in the bed.
Wow...I just looked into the price of lithium. It's price really has increased almost 400% year over year. 75% of all lithium comes from China. I did a quick google search...a replacement Tesla battery could be as high as $35,000. My F150 is more environmentally friendly than any EV.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

lilcoop03

Established Member
I am noticing more of the newer homes near us are getting solar.

I have had our panels for almost 3-1/2 years now, the last 2 months the power company has owed me 40 cents and 80 cents. I did it as we built the house/garage and plan to stay here for 30+ years and figured I would lock in our electric rate.
How much was the initial investment?

sleek98

Established Member
How much was the initial investment?

Our total out of pocket cost was $18,500. I updated my spreadsheet and it has saved us 5k over the 3 years since we swapped out our meter. We didn't swap our meter out for 6 months due to local incentives. I am guessing it will end up paying off around 10 years, based on the last years savings.

Looking back I should have done a slightly smaller system and the payoff would have been closer to 7 years. The extra generation does not pay out very well, I assumed our usage was going to go up more than it has over the last 2 years.

bglf83

Established Member
How much was you electric bill to start? Our 2500 SQ FT house in Houston gets to almost $200 in August but the full year average is around $100 a month. I say all that to say, we do not pay 5k of electric bills in 3 years.

bglf83

Established Member
Normal bill was 150-160. Our bill now is about 10 bucks on average.

What occurs if your roof gets damaged by a hailstorm? Or just needs replaced from age?

In I live in south Houston and a roof seems to only last 10 to 15 years.

sleek98

Established Member
What occurs if your roof gets damaged by a hailstorm? Or just needs replaced from age?

In I live in south Houston and a roof seems to only last 10 to 15 years.

Panels have to come off. However the roof under them are now protected by the solar panels so the hale won’t affect the shingles. We put ours on a year after we built our house so the panels should last as long as our roof. But up here a roof can easily go 25-30 years. Another option is to just replace the 3 sides that are not under the panels. Our panels cover 90% of our south facing roof.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I've seen three around here in the last week or so. The first one I saw the wife was with me she made a comment about how ugly it was.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Ford is expected to dump 8 million of its 102 million share stake in Rivian, according to a CNBC report. Rivian went public on Nov. 10 at $78 a share, with shares rising as high as $179 day later. But Rivian shares have fallen off the cliff, closing recently at $28.79. That's a 84% drop from the high of $179.

"Ford reported a net loss of $3.1 billion in the first quarter, driven by a steep loss in valuation of its Rivian stake. Ford said it suffered a $5.4 billion mark-to-market loss on its investment."

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Ive seen a few in my area. Saw a transport truck with a few on it the other day.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Ford is expected to dump 8 million of its 102 million share stake in Rivian, according to a CNBC report. Rivian went public on Nov. 10 at $78 a share, with shares rising as high as $179 day later. But Rivian shares have fallen off the cliff, closing recently at $28.79. That's a 84% drop from the high of $179.

"Ford reported a net loss of $3.1 billion in the first quarter, driven by a steep loss in valuation of its Rivian stake. Ford said it suffered a $5.4 billion mark-to-market loss on its investment."
Unless ford gained some technology advancement that was a stupid decision to buy.

Users who are viewing this thread