Ripped side skirt, pics inside

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Well, I did something dumb this weekend. When I got my car I noticed the passenger side skirt was loose. Of course the previous owner wasn't aware. So this weekend I start diagnosing. I find that the pinch weld right under it near the front tire is bent to shit. Looks like a speed bump or improper jacking of the car (read up on that last night).

So I begin popping all of the push pins out and remove the two screws. I get to the front and see that one of the retainers that slides into the skirt and pops into the body is missing. Easy fix. I decide to pull the skirt all the way off to clean and assess. Big mistake.

Got the the very last attachment point, the rear most body mount and pulled instead of using the proper tools (which I don't have. I was using a plastic Scosche one intended for interior panels but I broke it finally). Here is the result. The question is, can it be fixed? Or should I call Tousley and order a black one for a respray?

10vf.jpg

ck46.jpg

Last edited:

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
Can you bend that part back flush? If you I would do that and super glue it to death or try some epoxy :shrug:

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
I can bend it back, but I won't glue it. Now if they body work guys know of some epoxy or product that is basically glue but will last, then that is what I want to hear about!

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Norton 2 part epoxy. It is super strong will setup up hard like plastic and you wont be able to pull it apart at all once its cured. its about $50.00 a tube. The only problem is that you have to have the Norton 2 Part Gun to dispense it. The gun itself is around $80.00.

You might can find a Body Shop that will do it for you. Or if you know somebody in the body shop business they might have a gun you can borrow.

Last edited:

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Norton 2 part epoxy. It is super strong will setup up hard like plastic. its about $50.00 a tube. The only problem is that you have to have the Norton Gun to dispense it. The gun itself is around $80.00.

You might can find a Body Shop that will do it for you. Or if you know somebody in the body shop business they might have a gun you can borrow.

My ninja. I messaged a local guy about fixing it and repainting my other skirt and both side scoops. the White on plastic on these cars ages something fierce (buddy's hood scoop on his GT is doing the same).

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Okay great. I use to work for BASF and I sold the norton, it was good stuff.

Just a tip if you end up trying to fix it yourself and you use a 2 part epoxy:

You will get a mixing tip that goes on the end of the epoxy tube (this will ensure a correct mixing ratio). Be sure to dispense and discard the first ounce or so of the epoxy because the first little bit does not mix correctly and it will not work like it is suppose to.

just a helpful hint. I have seen people use the first bit of epoxy that comes out of the tip and it wouldn't bond their material, leaving them to believe the epoxy was bad.

best of luck.

cj428mach

Established Member
I would go talk to a body shop. They make an epoxy that comes in a tube for a caulking gun and is some bad stuff. My friend used it to glue some of the trunk floor in my 69 Mach. He said they can use it to glue bed sides, and quarter panels on.

Users who are viewing this thread