RIP Dusty from ZZ Top

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Damn, I love ZZ Top. My uncle got me into them with the earlier albums Tres Hombres, Fandago, etc. I always wanted to see them in concert.

One of my favorites.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Dammit...RIP man...i still have a framed zz top poster...that will be living in my mancave once its finished

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oh man, what horrible news. Dusty Hill, gone. I'm shocked. ZZ Top is one of my top 5 favorite bands. I can never get enough of their tunes. What a legend. Dusty, Billy and His bearded presence next to Billy Gibbons is an image in my head that won't soon be shaken.

noco5.0

Established Member
Never completely loved their music but they seemed like interesting dudes. I really liked their documentary on Netflix.

Established Member
Just saw them in concert. Dusty was out with a bruised hip I think they said. Wonder if he had a clot issue?

TheManInBlack

Shelby Operator
Established Member
Truly a huge loss to the music world… I have tickets to see ZZ next week. I already expected him being out from his hip. Wonder what the future holds for the band.. Billy still records and yours on his solo stuff..

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For me, ZZ without Dusty is a shadow of the band that we grew up with. JMO.

As far as the future, I expect a "permanent" replacement will be found and the band will continue to tour. Too much money to lose if they retire.

Users who are viewing this thread