RIP 007

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Wow, 89, wouldn't have guessed that. Does anyone think its funny that they replaced Connery when too old with Moore who is 3 years older than Connery.

I thought this was the coolest thing ever when I was a kid.
546b4dbec9e42_-_jamesbondlotussub-lg.jpg

Coiled03

Established Member
Meh, aside from the one movie abomination called Timothy Dalton, Roger Moore was the worst of the 007s, IMHO.

Regardless, this news brings me no joy.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I had know idea he was that old.
I shall now prepare for the James Bond marathon to run on TV.

Welcome to just about every week on BBCA.

Meh, aside from the one movie abomination called Timothy Dalton, Roger Moore was the worst of the 007s, IMHO.

Regardless, this news brings me no joy.

The one and only George Lazenby fan has been found.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
RIP. He was my favorite, until Daniel Craig. Seems you either love those movies he was in or hate them.
Roger Moore and Christopher Walken, gold.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i know im in the minority but i really like Dalton. he was a return to the serious bond like connery. then brosnan was the return to the joke cracking bond, with a dash of serious. i think people were so used to the campy bond (Moore) that when dalton came out they thought he was was boring.
The Living Daylights was one of my top favorites. that AM was awesome.

when i was a kid that lotus though! and classic Moore at 3:20

im not a big fan of Daniel Craig as bond. he's ugly (for a bond) and dull imo. right above lazenby on my rankings. the only craig film i really liked was the most recent and that's largely because they made it more old school bond like. the others just seemed like jason bourne rip offs.

they say lazenby would have been more popular had he made more films. that his film was actually good (seen it once lol). but he didnt want to be typecasted so he declined to continue. good move lazenby.. lol.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
didn't realize he was in his 50's!!!!! when doing a lot of them stunts in the 80's Bond flicks. impressive

although Sean Connery may have been the better actor my own personal memories of Bond 007 is Roger Moore.

Bond pretty much turned into Fast and the Furious after Roger Moore left. it lost all its originality and turned into one long explosion action scene. Just utterly corny! Nothing like the 70' and 80's Bond movies.

I really wish they would cast Jason Statham as Bond and keep him there for a decade or two. he's young enough. the last couple decades have totally lost my interest in the Bond series.

Jaysin

Established Member
I was sad when I heard the news. I'm a huge Bond fan, and Moore was the first Bond I watched. He was more of the comedic Bond, but he still had some ruggedness to the character. Live and Let Die is still one of my favorites in the franchise, may watch it tonight actually.

Users who are viewing this thread