rim, tire, track, etc..

svo1990mustang

2.3 + turbo = fun
Established Member
I have a few questions about the 93 cobras and their rims. I have looked and searched but i can't seem to find this info.

1. What is the rear end width of the 93 cobras? Is the rear wider than the rest of the the 87-93 Mustangs?
2. What is the rear end width of the 87-93 fox stangs?
3. What is the back spacing of the 93 Corba rims?
4. The 93 Cobra rims are 17 x 7.5 right?
5. What is the stock tire size?

I have also posted this question in the general 93 Corba section to get more exposure to this question

Thanks for any all all help and info you guys and gals could give me
Darryl

Last edited:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
hey svo
yes the rear ends are wider on the cobra,and the front ends are not the same as a gt or 5.0 lx either. yes the wheel size is 17-7 1/2, i knew the back spacing but i am not sure exactly but the diff between those wheels and the pony wheels is something like 5/8 to 3/4 of an inch difference.i have a set of cobra wheels stored at a buddys house, the reason i didnt put them on my lx is they were set to far inboard,looks kinda funky having the wheels tucked so far under the car,and you can not turn the wheels lock tto lock upp front cause they hit the control arms.so you would either have to get spacers and longer lugs all around or swap in all cobra suspension parts.
sorry so long. hope this helps
p.s. if you know any one looking for a set let me know i have a full set all centers and they are in greeat shape(just a little dusty now)

svo1990mustang

2.3 + turbo = fun
Established Member
Actually I have the Thunderbird turbo coupe rear end and it is wider by 3/4" per side over the 87-93 fox stangs. so i was wondering if the 93 cobra's had the same width rear end (1.5" wider overall comaper to the other 87-93 stangs). The front rotors i have are the Thunderbird Turbo Coupe rotors as well which are just like the 5.0L Mustang ones but with a taller hat. But I was thnking of getting the 93 cobra ones as i know where i could get them at a good price.

How much would you want for the rims??

Thanks
Darryl

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
hey darryl
i do belive you are correct in thinking that the cobra and turbo coupe rears (a friend and i were discussing thes the other day acctualy) i am not sure about the front end though.
heres the thing the wheels have tires on them not in the best shape (three have tread one you can see cords) i put them on the car once to see how they looked, looked cool but i dont have the back spacing or should i say proper width rear other then that never been on the car. but i digress i paid 900 for them they are in great shape just a little dirty from sitting around no scratches no curb damage.i would like at least to get a truck payment out of them if you want to know the truth so prob around 750
:p

Users who are viewing this thread