Rim offset quesation

JCarmichael84

Established Member
hey i have a couple questions and need some advice. I am looking into buying the SVE replicas rims for my 10th ann, i want the 18x10 in back and 18x9 up front, they have some that are 22mm offset and 43mm offset, i was reading about what that means and i am still confused, can anybody explain that in layman terms? and what size tires should i run on those rims? thanx in advance!

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
Can I explain it not really but you need 24 mm for front and 22 mm for back. 43mm would be for 05 and up I would assume.

Last edited:

SpectorV

Established Member
offset is how far the center line is off of the mounting surface.

If the rim is 10 inches wide the center line is 5 inches. The offset (can be positive or negative (inward or outward of the centerline) is how far off it is from the center.

Every 1 inch = 25.4mm

So 43mm offset is 1.2 inches.

That means if you bolt the rim up on the car that is a 10 inch rim with a 43mm offset (1.2 inches) that it will be offset 1.2 inches from center outwards. Basically more of the rim is inside the mounting surface than outside.

wheel.offset.gif

Take the offset + center line and thats the rims back spacing so 6.2 back spacing on a 10 wide rim.

So 10 - 6.2 = 3.8 frontspacing or how much of the rim stick out in front of the mounting surface.

For the rear 3.5 is about the normal limit, some rims go to 3.75 (or 3.8 in your case) and are ok, 4.0 inches is as far as you want to go for the rear. Thats fender flush (with tire) and you will need to roll your fenders probably. Yon may can get away without rolling at 3.75~ just have to try and see.

For the front you want the front spacing around 3 inches (not muchless) on a lowered car the rim is tucked inward due to the A Arm design so consider that.

My rims are 18x10 back wtih 6.00 back spacing 4.00 front spacing in the rear 18x9 front 5.94 back spacing 3.06 front spacing

Last edited:

JCarmichael84

Established Member

If the rim is 10 inches wide the center line is 5 inches. The offset (can be positive or negative (inward or outward of the centerline) is how far off it is from the center.

Every 1 inch = 25.4mm

That means if you bolt the rim up on the car that is a 10 inch rim with a 43mm offset (1.2 inches) that it will be offset 1.2 inches from center outwards. Basically more of the rim is inside the mounting surface than outside.

wheel.offset.gif

Take the offset + center line and thats the rims back spacing so 6.2 back spacing on a 10 wide rim.

So 10 - 6.2 = 3.8 frontspacing or how much of the rim stick out in front of the mounting surface.

For the rear 3.5 is about the normal limit, some rims go to 3.75 (or 3.8 in your case) and are ok, 4.0 inches is as far as you want to go for the rear. Thats fender flush (with tire) and you will need to roll your fenders probably. Yon may can get away without rolling at 3.75~ just have to try and see.

For the front you want the front spacing around 3 inches (not muchless) on a lowered car the rim is tucked inward due to the A Arm design so consider that.

My rims are 18x10 back wtih 6.00 back spacing 4.00 front spacing in the rear 18x9 front 5.94 back spacing 3.06 front spacing
Thank you, that made perfect sence

Mark_H14

Established Member

Every 1 inch = 25.4mm

wheel.offset.gif

cool info thanks..
tracking782.gif

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I was thinking that but that was way after I asked, but still wasn't 100% sure :thumbsup:

About how much coin is a set of TF's?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread