Rifles, ammo found in dumpster

earl lee

Established Member
What would be a "normal" sentence for something like that? I know that he got 1 year and 1 day. I would expect that a normal person would probably get at least 7 times that :shrug:

----------------
Now playing: The Bloodhound Gang - Magna Cum Nada
via FoxyTunes

The irony is, he prolly wouldnt have gotten caught if his bodyguard wasnt the one setting him up.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
weapons drop that the pickup guy didn't get to in time?

Last edited:

txyaloo

Established Member
What would be a "normal" sentence for something like that? I know that he got 1 year and 1 day. I would expect that a normal person would probably get at least 7 times that :shrug:

Up to 10 years in pound you in the ass prison and a $250,000 fine. He got 1 years and 1 day in club fed. The one day was to make sure the offense was classified as a felony.

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
I believe that he was also assigned a lot of community service time. Something like 1500 hours. He also did a lot of community service stuff leading up to sentencing that didn't count towards that. Don't quote me on that though.

Last edited:

SSCOBRA03

Established Member
I would call the police. It would never cross my mind to:

a. keep the ammo,
b. the uppers,
c. strip the lowers and toss them
d. buy new stripped lowers
e. put guns back together

txyaloo

Established Member
[sarcasm]I would call the police. It would never cross my mind to:

a. keep the ammo,
b. the uppers,
c. strip the lowers and toss them
d. buy new stripped lowers
e. put guns back together[/sarcasm]

:lol: Noooo, it'd never cross your mind.

txyaloo

Established Member
Looks like I was right. They were AR uppers. Her $500 value is off a little bit unless prices have come down in the last 2-3 months.

Assorted gun parts and about 2,000 rifle rounds were discovered in a Dumpster near a North Austin apartment complex this afternoon.

Agent Francesca Perot of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms said the Austin Police Department contacted the agency after a man found the parts in a Dumpster on Swanee Drive, near Airport and Lamar boulevards. The parts were eight upper receivers for an AR-15 rifle worth about $500 each, Perot said.

The items have been recovered, and the ATF is investigating.

“We don’t understand why someone threw them away, unless they were involved in some type o

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
I would call the police most definetly. I agree with those who said guns only end up in dumpsters for one reason. I wouldn't want any part in it.

canibus

Established Member
More than likely it was a drop that didn't get picked up in time. More than likely the person who put all that stuff there had a close eye on the dumpster. If He saw you take the stuff, you're a dead man. I'd call police

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
And I would laugh my ass off at the insane charges that end up on you because you are in the possession of guns that were involved in xxxxxx violent crime.

they would only find out about them when i had to use them, and if i had to use those guns at some point to protect myself, im pretty sure possession would be the least of my worries. they would be the backup arsenal for the apocalypse, tucked away in the deepest corner of the house.

Sonicblue8093

[]D [] []V[] []D
Established Member
More than likely it was a drop that didn't get picked up in time. More than likely the person who put all that stuff there had a close eye on the dumpster. If He saw you take the stuff, you're a dead man. I'd call police

I agree with this man. Simply because if it was a "dump" they wouldnt do it in a "nicer" neighborhood that increases the chance of getting caught. Plus most criminals file the S/N down before a dump.

dogmush

Established Member
Uppers and ammo? They're mine. That's not a firearm. I would probably take the barrels off and sell them at the next gunshow though.

Users who are viewing this thread