Ridetech StreetGrip release at SEMA!

BLKFOX

Established Member
Hey Everyone!

At SEMA, we're showing everyone what we've been putting together for the last couple of years. This is the "one box, one stop" setup for the guys that want a bolt on setup that will transform their hotrod into a more enjoyable machine. Compared to our other products available, these packages are focused on the guys that have their eyes set on a STREET oriented car.

The kit includes:

- Composite Rear Leaf Springs
- Dual-Rate Coil Springs
- Delrin Control Arm Bushings (for factory arms)
- Taller Ball Joints
- Larger Front Sway Bar
- Delrin Swaybar Bushings
- Single Adjustable Ridetech Monotube Shocks

Our criteria for StreetGrip (in order of importance):

- Ride Quality: Who doesn't want this? Everyone wants a streetrod/hotrod that they can get in and drive anytime they like, while still being comfortable.
- Handling: We're optimizing the handling characteristics for everyone, even the guys using who aren't using competition tires!
- Easy Install: These are the kits that won't require any cutting, welding, fab work, no nothing... Just a direct replacement for OEM suspension parts.
- Everything comes in one box: This is all that is needed, no other purchases required.
- Pricing: Everything you need for $2000-2500.

Right now, we have 5 applications done and will be shipping on January 5th (or sooner). There is a tremendous change that comes from the kits. After driving these cars in stock form and with the StreetGrip installed, I'm amazed. Remember the feeling that you had when you drove your car, for the first time? If you've lost that feeling, be prepared to feel that again!

Link to site: http://www.ridetech.com/info/streetgrip/

Product Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKOA0K6H15s#t=61

DSC_0892_zps7qqojrb3.jpg

DSC_0867_zpssbvdkc27.jpg

DSC_0923_zpsofh8ajwx.jpg

15-street-grip-logo%202_zpsneyrrzen.jpg

oldmodman

Established Member
Those are some of the strangest looking Mustangs I have ever seen. :D

Last Ford I had with leaf springs was my 77 LTD II Wagon.

BLKFOX

Established Member
Those are some of the strangest looking Mustangs I have ever seen. :D

Last Ford I had with leaf springs was my 77 LTD II Wagon.

Haha, the Mustangs are having kits built as well, no worries :D.

I haven't had a leaf spring car for years but there are a lot of them out there still!

BLKFOX

Established Member

BLKFOX

Established Member
Over the last few weeks, we've been playing with the StreetGrip some more on a few different cars! While working on this Camaro, we've added an extra 1" drop to the 67-68 rear kits due to the rounded fender lips. With the 69's squared wheel arch, getting the lower look wasn't as difficult.

Here are some pictures of the RS we've been playing with. I'll post up some pictures of underside in a little bit to show what we've added!

IMG_1955_zpsoskymzk4.jpg

IMG_1953_zpsc27rhl17.jpg

IMG_1958_zps3mlnnrpc.jpg

IMG_1959_zps9gx4ijpn.jpg

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I like that stance for this car! I struggle with these old cars looking too low. Something about them doesn't look just right. I guess I'm just too old.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Josh, I see that you have a rear swaybar for the Chevelle, Buick, etc. What is your take on using a sway bar if you don't have boxed control arms? Won't you have a problem with the arms folding from the extra force?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice kit! I, too, couldn't help but notice the stance on those Camaros. Love the first one, the Z/28.

BLKFOX

Established Member
Josh, I see that you have a rear swaybar for the Chevelle, Buick, etc. What is your take on using a sway bar if you don't have boxed control arms? Won't you have a problem with the arms folding from the extra force?

The sway bar will help tie everything together, no doubt. However, if you added tubular control arms into the rear setup, you'll see an improvement in a couple of areas as well. Wheel hop will be minimized as well as a big addition to more stability in the rear! I would also look into getting a good set of adjustable shocks. They will help you fine tune the way that the suspension reacts in different situations.

Nice kit! I, too, couldn't help but notice the stance on those Camaros. Love the first one, the Z/28.

Thanks! I'm really liking the way that our new kit is making these cars sit. It's a perfect mixture for the guys who aren't wanting to go to a coilover setup!

Great stuff as usual! Had this been out when I purchased my Hotchkis items I would have likely gone this route instead.

Thanks! If you're ever looking into switching to a different setup, let me know! :D

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Thanks! If you're ever looking into switching to a different setup, let me know! :D

HQ Coilovers, strong arms, tru-turn...ya know standard stuff.

One of the things I've been fighting with the car is that it leans by about half to 3/4" to the passenger side. I haven't been able to diagnose if this is an issue with the body and possibly the poor factory subframe mounts, or if it's a rate issue in the spring/shock package.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I guess my question is can you run the rear swaybar if you don't have boxed control arms? I have been afraid to install a swaybar because my lower control arms are not boxed and I thought the bar would collapse the sides of the arm.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I guess my question is can you run the rear swaybar if you don't have boxed control arms? I have been afraid to install a swaybar because my lower control arms are not boxed and I thought the bar would collapse the sides of the arm.

I personally would think you'd be okay. Remember, these cars had their own stints as race cars and used primarily factory parts while doing so. If you've got a fairly stock suspension vehicle on typical street rubber, I don't think you're going to see any issues of reliability with the factory parts.

Heck my '69 Firebird is still using it's factory control arms up front and I even had to straighten one of them from a collision early in the car's life. Haven't had any trouble even after adding modern summer tires, large wheels, tall ball joints and stiffer springs/shocks.

Users who are viewing this thread